Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
Totally agree with the Builders Actions. It was a council house and he had the councils approval and assistance to take it all down (just watched the item on the news five minutes ago). From the sounds of it the builder gave them time to pay but to no avail.
Thumbs up to him.
Icing on the cake is the council have told the tenant they have to pay for the house to be put back to how it was. Serves them right.
I agree
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 09:27 PM
100% behind him, he is still out of pocketas what he put up is not useable but at least she hasn't benefitted and people who do this need to take note. I wonder how many more builders bills will be paid over the next week because of this lol!
Becky
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
100% behind him, he is still out of pocketas what he put up is not useable but at least she hasn't benefitted and people who do this need to take note. I wonder how many more builders bills will be paid over the next week because of this lol!
Becky
Becky, hopefully it will make people stand up and think about taking advantage. I do wonder if they would have played the same game with a national company ??? I doubt they would have been so patient
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Good on him!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2008, 05:24 AM
Watched this on the news last night, and completely agree with him - good for him!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2008, 11:57 AM
The company who did my loft extension (a big company) made me pay at intervals, i.e. I had to pay a lump sum before they even started £13K, then when the carcass was finished we paid for that stage, then the plasterer, etc. etc. etc. and this way the company would have immediately stopped work at each stage had we not paid, which I think personally is a brilliant idea!

Dave has this problem with his garage, he's got customers that don't cough up, but he knows them as such now, so he never gives them the car back until they've paid for the job and too right I say! Some of them in the past have driven off saying they would put a cheque in the post or come back tomorrow, never to be seen again. How can people do that?
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2008, 12:59 PM
I have heard so many stories, and remember one situation where out transit van sat outside a restaurent with full beam on whilst customers were eating they soon paid.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2