View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Except you cant legally dock at all in Scotland so that makes no sense at all does it.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Except you cant legally dock at all in Scotland so that makes no sense at all does it.
Exactly, youre spot on there!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by surannon View Post
Tell you what, I'm so glad I've got hounds! I would be doing my nut if I had previously gained entry into a show via my entry, had no car park charges to pay and then suddenly had to fork out £5 for a car park purely so someone can show a docked dog!

Debs
Am I right in thinking it was just the public that paid the parking fees and the rest got car park passes with there entries. Its been 12 months since the ban and were all still confused.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Been looking at a few schedules of shows that do charge entry and they are charging for car parking with no mention of an entry fee, think you may be correct. Now why they did not mention this to me I have know idea, they did not ask if I charged entry.

Still like to know what happens to those given permission to show because the tail is shortened because of trauma, not all that unusual is it in all sorts of breeds, even know of an Elkhound with a docked tail due to an accident.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Tell you what Debs so am I. Hounds I mean. Don't think I could keep up if I was involved in an all breeds show, spend at least two or three nights in bed reading and re-reading the Gazette every month just to make sure I have not contravened a new rule or directive because I did not know.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:42 PM
I suspect a dog with a docked tail due to injury would have to have a letter from the kc to compete (similar to the ones people carry for spayed and castrated dogs and dogs that have had a change in apperance) Mind you this might be all to simple for the KC we probably have to fill out half a dozen forms and pay dearly for the privelidge.
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Is the wording oblligatory on all schedules? Just had a look at the Houndshow schedule. As Pita said, there aren't any hounds that are docked so at this single group show it really shouldn't come into play. However, the wording "only undocked dogs and legally docked dogs may be entered for exhibition at this show" appears on page one of the schedule - in bold! They're not charging for public entry to the show either.

Debs
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:50 PM
All it says on the KC site is:

All shows which charge the public for admission must state this on the show schedule and entry form - but you should check carefully whether or not your dog is eligible before entering.

Im pretty sure on the Border Terrier show I went to the other week it said only legally docked dogs could compete, except Borders are not docked!!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Even though there not charging it still has to be on there because the part "LEGALLY DOCKED" covers the law on showing them at places where the public dont pay admittance. Also if think its to cover dogs that may be NFC and might be customarily docked. sure it was in a kennel gazette but I cant find it
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Oh right - so we don't have to pay an entrance fee to the Houndshow but still can't show our non-existant docked hounds there anyway

Debs
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >