Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-10-2009, 05:25 AM

Monty ?5 years old

Monty ?5 years old

His Story: Monty arrived in a Welsh pound chilled and joyous ....had no idea what a dangerous place he was in. Hey look he came out the other side!

Salient points: Monty is great; not as old as his white muzzle would have you believe. Welcomes meeting other dogs. Great people dog who so loves his walks. Wonderful character and such a companion. Acute skin condition currently clearing.

Advert Monty is great; probably only about 5 years old so lots of life ahead of him. He was in very good condition when he was found stray. Unfortunately he has gone through the wars with us picking up an acute skin condition which is going as fast as it came. he also has picked up kennel cough bless. Anyway nothing is going to stop Monty finding his home and find it we will! In fact can't wait to meet his new owners and just know they will be a great as he is and equally as lucky.

Monty is a people dog to some degree, but when out on his walk its his walk he is interested in. He welcomes meeting dogs and may well be able to live with another. He is newly neutered and vax. is delayed because of his other issues currently. He must have been loved as his self- confidence seems high. Monty is a favourite ... its that sparkle in his eye despite all; its that skip in his step regardless. Hurrah Monty you'll soon be on your way!

"Please note that this dog is currently in kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Monty Loves you!

Watching the birds...

Is that my breakfast?

Sigh wheres my forever Mum?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-01-2010, 08:41 AM
An update from Lynne who is fostering Monty:

"Dear, Dear Monty (Python) hasn't been laughing today as it was go, go, go for his major ear operation, a "Lateral ear canal" resection on his left ear. Effectively the vet opens up the side of the ear and creates a hole directly into the lower ear canal to bypass the upper ear. Despite my best efforts it wasnt improving. They were able to clear old dried debris out and now it has to heal. He is shaking his head and has a bandage all over his head with his Elizabethan collar on.

Dear Monty is bumping into everything what with the GA still in his system. Lights are out and we are keeping the house quiet to help the patient. He has asked me not to take pictures.

Yesterday Monty was in discomfort, but has kept the buster collar on. This is so important as he has the habit of alleviating his chronic discomfort by scratching behind his ear which is very close to his 46 stitches! So he has tolerated his 'halo' and earned his halo! Had great delight in being hand fed fried fish cakes.

He is also learned to walk through doors and climb stairs with his buster collar".

Monty is still waiting for his forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Monty from the ministry of funny sounds. Yes Monty has added to his snorts and Staffie speaks; clunk, crash, bang! Here he is revealed with his new trumpet that you can hear as he bashfully engages with his environment. Hence the marks on his buster collar. Monty has tolerated this wonderfully ... now coming up for 2 weeks of continuous wear.

Yesterday he went under GA and all his stitches were removed and the site itself has healed really well. However still lots of 'gunk' in his ear canal still so he continues on antibiotic in tablet form and into his new ear hole. No bleeding post op. which I'm so pleased about. He is as bright as ever. Please God after this week let Monty be free of pain, irritation and his plastic halo ... his 'soul halo' is bright and ever present.

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 06:33 AM
Such a dreamboat........ hope you find your forever home soon, sweetheart

x0x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 06:58 AM
Awwwwww bless him, wishing him all the best with finding his forever home
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Monty is well. His ear is beginning to settle here he is having time without his collar. For the first time his breath has cleared so we think we are getting to the nub of the problem Oh it has been such a long and difficult path for him ...

Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 01:41 PM
What a handsome gentleman, I hope he finds his forever home asap, with a loving lap and arms to cuddle him close.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-05-2010, 10:23 PM
An update from Lynne on Monty who is currently in foster with her:

“Monty has been happily mixing with in my pack for the last month. Glenn is too nervous so we share times when Glenn is mixed and Monty is mixed. His favourite is Mary

They make a lovely couple and could easily be homed together providing the 'would be' home could cope with his nervousness to stranger dogs. He gets concerned but will relax given non threatening signals. He isn't used to formal walks coming from Wales”.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-08-2010, 09:45 PM
An update from Lynne who is fostering Monty:

"Well Monty he had a great day relaxed in the pack..liver was on the menu yummy mummy. Then a few items got put in the car; new collar and leads appeared..then off we went to the vets for an inspection of the ears having had a long play with Mary.

At the vets he was welcomed like Mr Celebrity..he got worried over a large Chow, but quickly fell in with Ricki the surgery Border Terrier. Then Rickie the vet checked his ears and declare him clear no need to touch them they look just fine..discharge. Ears clear no discharge! Just keep his lobe cleared as you do. Monty was chipped.

Back in the car and just like the first journey ...silence, no creating ..Monty are you settling to the car in the same way you settle in the front lounge?!

We met a lovely gentleman and Monty ticked all the boxes and he did for Monty. The only issue was the gentleman said was he felt he was a little big in terms of bulk rather than height. How can an elderly man put into words I'm not used to the 'Staffie' its a different look I'm unsure. So Monty came back with me... When you a love a foster like I love Monty you have to potentially see that adoration. Monty gives his heart totally 269% so all was well, but not to be..but Monty's home is getting close... he is ready now".

Monty is ready for his forever home - where are you?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >