View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Remember also some peoples pace of walking is much different maybe your friend needs to do a bit more power walking/start walking faster rather than a stroll pace?? Just a thought....
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by kirstie b
I am about to take my 2 out now for about an hour. They've been a bit neglected lately as Mark has been in charge of their exercising and like Laura's O/H his idea of dog walking slightly differs from mine... you can really tell the difference if they've not had enough, Bosun becomes what we call "the Bosunator" charging about challenging everyone to a wrestle or game of chase
they also get alot of exercise just playing in the garden
lol candy also becomes candy the evil sofa muncher if she doesnt get enough exercise...lol
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2005, 11:54 AM
lol - we should start a thread, on what your dog/s do when they dont get enough stimulation

when mine need out, or think they are due for a walk, they come and sit in front of me, with their eyes wide open as if desperatly trying to send a telepathic message (please note this is different from the eyes half shut look, meaning: "you have food i-am-a-little-starving-nymph-that-might-collapse-at-any-minute-from-lack-of-food give-me-some!!!")

also they start to wrestle, the thinking behind that is, "if we get noisy enough, she will get annoyed and take us out to get us tired!"
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2005, 11:57 AM
max starts doing laps of the house at full pelt and starts eating the furniture if he hasnt been walked as soon as he would like to be
!
Russ
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Theres alot of difference in exercise needed for these 2

I find my dogs like other things just as much as walking
Swimming

Springpull

Dogs like a change so i vary there activities and am always looking for new things for them to do. When we go out for walks i try and vary where we go and different routes just to keep them on there toes
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Blacike now gets 1 hour on a morning and another hour late afternoon - before it gets dark. He is off lead all the time so he can go at his own pace which is always a fast trot I often slow down in my scooter in case he is running at my speed, but the only thing that happens is that the gap between us gets bigger. I am waiting of somebody complaining about cruelty to animals.

When we get back the back door is always open and has free access to a large rear garden, which he never uses! - too nosey and frightened in case I dissappear again (hospital)

Ian
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2005, 12:07 PM
whoa, that broon an white one is handsome!

i am the same, i HATE routine.... i try to go different places too. but i am really really lucky where i am, there are alot of walks around here (and i still get bored!) and i have the beach, forests, and the mountains round here (talk about spoilt eh?)

dont you love it when you go to a new place, and the dogs have their noses to the ground and sniff around wildly, taking in all the new smells.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Kip grabs her lead from the hall and brings it to me lol.

I agree Russ, even when I do walks I always vary the route.

Laura
Russ
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Ian i was thinking of getting a scooter so they can pull me and save my legs.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2005, 12:18 PM
mine are all snoring now ..if i were to get the leads out they would not be interested ........ we will prob have an hr out later ....
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »