Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2022, 06:28 AM

Daily thread Saturday 23rd April 2022

Well, things got very lively here yesterday....we thought the front door was going through! The 2 bully owners turned up, the daughter who is just 17 (I think) was home alone and it ended up with the police being called....the bil turned up again, then the owners turned up again obviously trying their usual charm offensive. The police sent them on their way, the lady went out with her daughter and the police hung around for around another hour I guess just in case they came back.....they usually turn up early hours of the morning to carry out their dirty tricks so I left my curtains and bedroom window open.... just in case. I don't like the woman, or her daughter but I think I would probably call the police for her if needed,......I imagine it will be the next few days that things will happen, just don't understand why you wouldn't get an eviction order and the bailiffs...... would work out cheaper surely?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2022, 09:16 AM
Good morning Kelly and all who follow

Some people like to take the law into there own hands but your neighbour landlord doesn't seem to be getting the result he wants. I agree get the bailiffs in then all is sorted for a few quid. In the meantime you take care not to get involved.

Lovely morning here. Teazle walked and have also cleaned my car before the sun got round to the front of the house. Have also made cottage pie for lunch. Not are if the hoard will be here. I have to pick Maria up from gymnastics and Ben has Ana at a birthday part at midday.

Ben applied for. new job, had the interview yesterday and was told mid afternoon he had got it. It is still in the same field but working as a team and not on your own so hopefully less stress for him and he can finish on time and have a life after work.

Hope all are well. Take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2022, 10:39 AM
Ahhhhh, well done Ben!!! Congratulations
The most I will do is call the police for her if things get out of hand..... don't like her but there's procedures in place and £2200 she would be gone in 7 days but......reverted to type and trying intimidation
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2022, 11:29 AM
Good afternoon all

Blooming cold here this morning in the easterly wind despite the sunshine

Yay, well done Ben. Does that mean you won't have as many nanny duties Sue?

There are so many technicalities that bad tenants use in the eviction process that can cause it to drag on and on and on. You have to have the heart of a lion these days to be a landlord

Rosie is having problems with her leg. Not the one that we know has chronic arthritis, but the other back leg. I think she may have pulled it by overcompensating for the bad leg. It's been going on three days now, but is slowly improving. I'm waitiing to see how she is over the weekend and if I'm not happy with it by Monday, it will be another trip to the vets

Gary had the second booster for covid day before yesterday and had a fit same night. First time he's reacted so I'm guessing just a coicidence
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2022, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Well, things got very lively here yesterday....we thought the front door was going through! The 2 bully owners turned up, the daughter who is just 17 (I think) was home alone and it ended up with the police being called....the bil turned up again, then the owners turned up again obviously trying their usual charm offensive. The police sent them on their way, the lady went out with her daughter and the police hung around for around another hour I guess just in case they came back.....they usually turn up early hours of the morning to carry out their dirty tricks so I left my curtains and bedroom window open.... just in case. I don't like the woman, or her daughter but I think I would probably call the police for her if needed,......I imagine it will be the next few days that things will happen, just don't understand why you wouldn't get an eviction order and the bailiffs...... would work out cheaper surely?
Wow all go your end mind you even though they have turned up you have I suppose no idea what's been going on in the background to get them out. Think my thought would be who do they move in?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2022, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning Kelly and all who follow

Some people like to take the law into there own hands but your neighbour landlord doesn't seem to be getting the result he wants. I agree get the bailiffs in then all is sorted for a few quid. In the meantime you take care not to get involved.

Lovely morning here. Teazle walked and have also cleaned my car before the sun got round to the front of the house. Have also made cottage pie for lunch. Not are if the hoard will be here. I have to pick Maria up from gymnastics and Ben has Ana at a birthday part at midday.

Ben applied for. new job, had the interview yesterday and was told mid afternoon he had got it. It is still in the same field but working as a team and not on your own so hopefully less stress for him and he can finish on time and have a life after work.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Congratulations to Ben work life balance is key with the children here, when does the rest of the family arrive for good? However I suspect you are enjoying the children and their lives.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2022, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good afternoon all

Blooming cold here this morning in the easterly wind despite the sunshine

Yay, well done Ben. Does that mean you won't have as many nanny duties Sue?

There are so many technicalities that bad tenants use in the eviction process that can cause it to drag on and on and on. You have to have the heart of a lion these days to be a landlord

Rosie is having problems with her leg. Not the one that we know has chronic arthritis, but the other back leg. I think she may have pulled it by overcompensating for the bad leg. It's been going on three days now, but is slowly improving. I'm waitiing to see how she is over the weekend and if I'm not happy with it by Monday, it will be another trip to the vets

Gary had the second booster for covid day before yesterday and had a fit same night. First time he's reacted so I'm guessing just a coicidence
Is he still stressing over the possible move etc? a couple of weeks ago you were wondering about his medication?

Poor Rosie you do not realise do you how much they affect your life until something anything goes slightly wrong with them then its the pit of your tummy turning over and over.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2022, 02:09 PM
Well nice day here dog walked no washing done but it has turned out nice electric toothbrush purchased as per dentists recommendation. Not doing a lot today have a good day everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2022, 02:25 PM
Afternoon all. Been lazy here. Went out first thing for walk. Quite warm here. Then went to the new One Stop shop and had a mooch in there. Surprisingly not over priced depending on what one is looking for. Reading yet another book. Have a good afternoon peeps.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2022, 06:22 PM
Kazz, they haven't done anything behind the scenes to get her out. It's simple, notice, possession order and bailiffs...£1700 8-12 weeks at county court...county court is only up to £5000...... Triple it for her! So it's high court so a bit more expensive....same procedure except you send high court sheriff's which means they take possession immediately I believe....takes a total of 7 days. I have no clue why you would let a property that's just been renovated with no deposit and then allow a debt to grow to the £15,000 level. Even if you are strapped, chuck it on a credit card and get your house back, it's not owned outright.... it's mortgaged so there's another cost to them. They turned up again today, banging on the door, she didn't answer and they left...no doubt be back. They will be blacklisted as landlords if they force her out as they haven't followed due process and are trying to intimidate them into leaving. Both our solicitors have questioned why they have let it get so out of hand as they would have had her out last year
Some of the one stops are not too bad Brenda, Steve has one that he uses in an emergency...... generally just bread and milk
Put my doorbell camera back up today, remembered how it works and forgot how good it is.
Been and sprayed wd40 on the horsetail thats infiltrated my garden from next door..... hopefully be able to get on top of it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >