register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2016, 09:17 AM
A!ready hot here. Girls have lots of water, umbrella been up since 8am and hosed everywhere down with bleach and disinfectant, kennels cleaned and sprayed with disinfectant, fresh bedding down, citronella candles and lavender candles dotted about as well. Hoping this keeps the flies down. Next door have the back door open and I can hear the little dog barking non stop, people obviously in but no one stopping it, like a little machine, it never stops. They've been to pick the skip up from the other side, so the roof must be finished, what an eyesore Scaffo!ding is next to go I expect.
Am off on the bone run shortly so as to get back earlier. Need to call in at the garage to book the car in next Monday, I'm not expecting it back soon because I know it will fail the MOT big style.
Kingfishers are a lot smaller than you expect and they f!y so fast that all you see is a blur of colour. There is one lives on the river, but never seen it still to get a piccies. River been too high to get on there because of all the rain, will see what its like later in the week, we've got heavy rain forecast for tomorrow, so won't expect it to be very low as yet
Nippy, bungalow sounds lovely, I think painting is very therapeutic and take my time. Remember to let him get dressed today won't you.
First day without Arnica for Zen, they aren't going anywhere as it will be too hot when I get back, will hope to get them out tomorrow, but weather may be against us.
Lynn I'm putting in half a dessertspoonful of Golden Paste, is that enough or should I put more in. Hoping the Sofa fits
Nikki his coat will be keeping him cool, if you take it off he will have no protection. Mine are fine in the shade with lots of water and staying where they are. Has he got a paddling pool you can put in a shaded area
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2016, 09:53 AM
Morning Nikki and June.
Nikki agree with the not cutting the coat Bernese are the same it also acts a cooling down tool. If dillon seems to struggle I wet a big towel and drape it over him and leave them around where he can lie on them if wants. We also have fans on. Hope the hip heals soon.
Good luck for the mot June. How long have you been giving the paste ? After a week I usually up to a tsp a day.

Mark has just sent me a photo of Joel's leg he has burnt the calf it is dreadful. Mark is now off to A&E with him he did it last Thursday but although Mark bought him a phone and pays for monthly calls and texts being a 14 year old he doesn't keep in touch well.
So Mark isn't happy it looks bad and is big and should of been looked at straight away. So stepdad and step nan obviously not looking after him. Mark has to be in work at 12 but is going to be late or not in at all.
Joel must of been in agony when he did it I cried. If it stopped hurting quickly it has gone deep and damaged the nerves. He did it on his friends motorbike so not sure if he was on the back and came off or whether he stood to near to the exhaust.
I really hope it hasn't got infected it really doesn't look good.
Made me feel awful seeing it my tummy flipped.
Ms. M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-07-2016, 10:31 AM
Hello guys How's your day! Hope your day was good, unlike my they it so bad
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2016, 11:09 AM
Evening Mrs M. i think it will be evening where you are ? Day for me not to bad except the worry over Grandsons leg.
I hope your day has got better.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2016, 12:02 PM
Oh Lynn, That's sounds really nasty with Joel's leg, do hope it is going to be ok. All fans going nineteen to the dozen here. But Steve is home and carving up dry slate stone. Making a right mess and worse still a right noise. I had believed he was going to work today but no such luck.

Amber is flat out on the floor in front of the front door. she is asleep! Hope everyone else is ok. Griff are you ok today? hope all is well with you.

Nippy, think your bungalow might be finished today, especially if your friend is worried he might lose his clothes.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2016, 12:45 PM
The leg is ok Moyra and dressed and he has ab's 4 times a day which Mark is worried about as he is not sure if he will remember to take them or eat when he takes them.
He hasn't gone into work as now he has had to drop Joel off where he is staying, go over to Joel's step nan to get a key to Donna's to pack Joel a bag and I will be driving over later tonight to Harlow to bring Joel back here so Mark knows he is taking his ab's. Hopefully the delivery will turn up before I go if not I am going to have to leave it quite late in the hopes it will be past their delivery time, and will arrive tomorrow.
No Paul or Beth to take it in for me.
Roads should be quieter later too so won't have to leave Dillon longer than 3-4 hours hopefully, did think about taking him but if we got stuck in traffic it would be far to hot him sitting in the back of the car.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2016, 01:20 PM
Actually had the air con going in the car today, first time ever, it said 31 on the temp thingy. Checked the water, and as I put up the bonnet a pipe came away, I thought I bet that is the windscreen washer thingy, tried the washers and it was
Got back ASAP, called in at the garage as I was coming into the village and booked car in for MOT on Monday, and they can have it for the rest of the week until Friday lunch, when I need it to do the shopping in. I have got a good few bones again, and with whats already in I should have enough to keep an army going till 2 weeks today.
Put the tower fan on in the utility and shut the safety gates, and as soon as I opened the door Zen came in and stood by it and Kesh lay down by the door. Suns round the front now and it will be cooler in the back yard once the suns moved.
All I have to do now is clean the bluddy car out
Lynn, best idea for Joel to come to you now,as no one else seems bothered. That burn will be deep if its been done on a motorcycle exhaust, cannot believe his other grandparents didn't worry about him at all
Just seen Harvey's post from last night, saying he's picking Lara up, I love a Happy Endinglucky Casey
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2016, 01:25 PM
Oooh lovely that Lara is going to live in the Harvey household.
Just rung delivery people can expect delivery at around 4.30 so will sort that feed Dillon a bit earlier and leave here about 7 hopefully roads should be clearer by then .
Should be with Mark about 8.30 leave there about 9 back here about 11.30 I reckon.
I wasn't expecting this turmoil when i got up this morning.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2016, 02:23 PM
afternoon all
Hot enough for you all???? Lol...i loooove it!!!!
Moyra, i am o.k thankyou. Sorry to hear Steve is causing chaos
Lynn, i do hope Joels leg will be o.k, i had an awful burn on my arm when i was a teenager, i stuck it on the exhaust of a car.....it was infected but i am an o.k now except for a scar
Ms M, sorry you have had a bad day
losos......fantastic news, so pleased for you all
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-07-2016, 02:28 PM
38c in conservatory, better than a sauna
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »