Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
badrobot
New Member!
Female 

17-01-2011, 07:49 AM

Is she losing her teeth too soon?

Hi everyone. It's been a long time since my last post. We're getting on incredibly well with Roxy, although we are still struggling with her eating her own poop but for now we are kind of dealing with it. My newest concern is her teeth.

Roxy is now 21 weeks old and seems to have lost a lot of her baby teeth already. Is this normal for her age? I thought they didn't start losing thier teeth until they were at least 6 months old so the fact that she's lost front AND back teeth already has come as a bit of a shock to me. This is my first dog so I may just be ill informed. Can anyone advise please??
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Hay,
Michael (collie x springer) lost his last tooth not long after we go him and they aged him at 4 months, he was a rescue. I think its like everything they do it in their own time.
ATD x
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Mine have generally started losing their teeth around 16 weeks.
Usually most are out by the 5.6 months mark and the adult ones are coming through
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 01:17 PM
All of my dogs bar one have had all their adult teeth in by 6 months old
wendyg1975
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-02-2011, 12:37 AM
hi,

i think that sounds about right............ archie had most of his by 6 months and we were lucky to find some to keep too!! anywhere from 4-6 months is about right... but some dogs can take longer....
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Rule of thumb is that they start losing their baby teeth at 16 weeks (give or take a couple of days)