View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Oh I forgot tibetian terriers, had never even heard of one til about a year ago and met one whilst out with Chester and fell in love, she was lush!
Greatheart
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Borzoi I think they are lovely.
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
I just love Newfs, they are sooooo cuddly and handsome. But I just couldn't cope with all that hair and slobber. My GSP is just like a Newf, just a bit smaller and without the hair and slobber.
It's almost like you typed my reply .
Love the Borzoi's elegance! They are gorgeous dogs - especially a well groomed one with that glossy coat...

Have also always loved the Newfies, but won't ever be able to accept the slobber! My twin sister still would like one, so I guess when she does get one I can just go and visit ...love most Gundogs too...
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Going on looks alone, yes I would pick the breeds (or make-up breeds) of the dogs I own. My current collies arent necessarily the best looking (Jessie is a little odd looking but makes up for it in the personality dept) but I do think they are beautiful looking as a breed. I especially love tri-merles and a well marked tri, medium coated dog.

I think SRHP's and GWP's are stunning dogs, their beards give them depth of character and soften the somewhat harsher outlines of breeds such as GSP, Weim and Vizsla (which are a little too bony looking in the face for my liking, the facial furnishings soften the look).

Of course, there are many breeds I think are beautiful on looks alone, some of which i'd own but many I wouldnt.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2010, 06:11 PM
I love the look of so many breeds and can probably find something in all dogs but the most beautiful, impressive breed for me has to be Rhodesian Ridgeback. The saddo that I am, could just look at Beau all day
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-08-2010, 06:54 PM
No contest - for me a large male flatcoat in tip-top condition, every time. Perfection

After a flatcoat may be a German Shepherd, Irish Red & White Setter or a Ridgeback.
Mad Huskies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-08-2010, 06:58 PM
I own sibes and may be biased on this but I think there is no finer sight in the world than a team of these beautiful dogs harnessed and howling their heads of to start mushing across snow! FANTASTIC! And such a beautifully varied breed to blue eyes, brown eyes, parti eyes, bi eyes and sooo many different coat colours! Every one is a unique little gem!
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2010, 07:12 PM
I have lurchers and a greyhound as well as a collie and collie x. I love the look of them all but my favourite breed has to be a greyhound! I just love them...and lurchers too!!
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2010, 07:16 PM
I must say, I do love collies. My girly could melt many a boy's heart with her looks! And we get lovely comments from the people we meet

Although... Having said that, I do like Irish and Gordon setters, long coated GSD's and saluki's are lovely!

Oh and thanks to DevilDogz I have developed a soft spot for the chinese cresteds!!

S x
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I love the look of so many breeds and can probably find something in all dogs but the most beautiful, impressive breed for me has to be Rhodesian Ridgeback. The saddo that I am, could just look at Beau all day
You and me both ;o)

*adds RRs to her list of GORG' dogs*
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2010, 01:57 AM
For me, it has to be the GSD and Akita.

If I had to pick a breed I'd never owned I'd chose the Boerboel. My late Grandfather owned them when he lived in South Africa. They're fantastically cuddly, big, soppy lumps with a heart of gold that is hard to match with any other breed.
Page 8 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »