Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
i just went over to their house with a friend that runs a rescue, she knows what questions to ask. didn't take Zelda tho, but doing a midweek walk near my home to see if the connection between them is there. like i said before Zelda ignores strangers when out on a walk
Gotta ask then....I noticed you said that before - if you know she is going to ignore them...why the walk?
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Gotta ask then....I noticed you said that before - if you know she is going to ignore them...why the walk?
i want to see if they have a connection and also what they are like with her
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm totally with you on that one, you've got to see how THEY are with her too haven't you!

When we went up to see Zena for the first time, my breeder didn't want me to have her coz I'm what she calls a "pet" home and she's never sold to one of us before, so she told me to just come up and if she liked me, then I could possibly have her! Anyways, when I asked her WHY she caved in and let me take her home, she said it was because when we first arrived, and she let out all 3 adult dogs and the two puppies, she noticed how we both immediately got on the floor and let ourselves be flattened , and she just knew that we were most definitely shepherd peops!

You'll know too when you meet up!!!
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I'm totally with you on that one, you've got to see how THEY are with her too haven't you!

When we went up to see Zena for the first time, my breeder didn't want me to have her coz I'm what she calls a "pet" home and she's never sold to one of us before, so she told me to just come up and if she liked me, then I could possibly have her! Anyways, when I asked her WHY she caved in and let me take her home, she said it was because when we first arrived, and she let out all 3 adult dogs and the two puppies, she noticed how we both immediately got on the floor and let ourselves be flattened , and she just knew that we were most definitely shepherd peops!

You'll know too when you meet up!!!
that's lovely Helen and i will keep it in mind when i am watching them together
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 11:12 PM
oh that such great news! i really hope the walk goes well!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Totally understand you wanting to see how they are with Zelda, but if she ignores strangers when on walks, perhaps it would be better to introduce them to her in your home where she will interact with them? Just a thought.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Fab news - hope the walk goes well!

I hope that if she doesn't really interact with them much that it doesn't put them/you off.

When I first met Stone in the rescue I spent a lot of time with him from the minute he came in - for the first few days he looked straight through me. He would come over and say hi but you could see he had no idea who I was and just was not interested. Couple of days later he was waiting for me to arrive each morning and that's when we became inseparable!
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Totally understand you wanting to see how they are with Zelda, but if she ignores strangers when on walks, perhaps it would be better to introduce them to her in your home where she will interact with them? Just a thought.
i forgot to mention that this is what i would do first, i know if i didn't there wouldn't be a connection.
thanks Kirsty x
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by tokiayla View Post
Fab news - hope the walk goes well!

I hope that if she doesn't really interact with them much that it doesn't put them/you off.

When I first met Stone in the rescue I spent a lot of time with him from the minute he came in - for the first few days he looked straight through me. He would come over and say hi but you could see he had no idea who I was and just was not interested. Couple of days later he was waiting for me to arrive each morning and that's when we became inseparable!
how lovely i always admire people that rescue, animals. especially if the background is not known, thankfully the new owner will know all there is to know about Zelda's up bringing 'Spoilt'
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
how lovely i always admire people that rescue, animals. especially if the background is not known, thankfully the new owner will know all there is to know about Zelda's up bringing 'Spoilt'

.... but that's the only way to bring up these dogs dontcha know!!!!
Page 8 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >