Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Glimmering Winter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-06-2006, 10:15 AM

The dog went with the Warden :(

Hi, I just wanted to write this story as it happened a couple of days ago and we still haven't heard the outcome... Just incase someone reading this knows the dog in question...

Two days ago a lady, from down our road, knocked at our door asking if we owned a Jack russell.. (We did two years previously but he has sadly departed to rainbow bridge).

The lady had found this Jack Russell on her door step and taken him in whilst she went out knocking door-to-door for the owners.

The lady told us that the dog was extremely well behaved, although a little nervous of men. She believed that this pup must have been well-loved by someone.

We left the lady our number to keep us informed, we also offered to take the dog in for a couple of hours if necessary (the lady had two dogs of her own and couldn't hold the JR for too much longer).

The lady went knocking on all doors in the village to no avail... The three other JRs that we know of in the village were all accounted for.

She rang a few hours later to let us know of the situation. She had had to call the dog warden as she was told that if she held the dog for longer than 6 hours she could be accused of dog-knapping. The dog had been taken to the nearest pound. This is over 50 miles away in the next county!

He had no chip and no other identification.. If he is not claimed in the next 7 days he will be assessed for eligibility in adoption.

I really hope that someone is missing this dog and has the sense to call the relevent authorities.

The lady will be notified of the situation again when something happens, either he is claimed or put up for adoption). I would absolutely love to take him but I not sure if my situation allows it.

My mum is moving soon and has two cats so she feels that she cannot take him in.

I myself have just inherrited three chis, one with behavioural difficulties. so can't really justifiy adopting him. But I would really love to!

Anyways i thought it is a situation that you guys may be interested in... and a reminder to ALL dog owners to microchip!

I'm praying for a happy ending

Thank you for listening

GW
x.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Aw that's a sad story GW.

I hope that you get some good news. If you know the name of the pound and know the telephone number you can try the local rescues to see if they'll take him or I think you can call the pound and ask them to let you know the outcome after 7 days.

Then again I'm sure that he'll be eligible for adoption from what you say!

I hope it all turns out ok for the little guy.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2006, 07:16 AM
met 2 JRs over the weekend and found them to be totally adorable, id had a bad experience with one a while back, but these 2 where lovely. and im hoping that the little JR in question finds either his mum n dad, or gets a nice loving new home.
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2006, 08:06 AM
Hopefully someone will be looking for him and knows where to call