Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AxlAndChaos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2006, 07:18 PM

Dogs and their bones

Today i had the dentists to get a wisdom tooth removed. So i had bought the dogs those bones filled with meat from the pet shop to keep them out my way when i got home as i knew i would be sore and grumpy.
came home and went to bed, forgot about the bones. when i eventually got up for pain killers, i remembered the bones, so petted the dogs as id ignored them since i got home, gave them there bones and left them to it ... as you do!
about half an hour later, i hear chaos throwing his bone about like a toy, so i say to him what ya up to, ... he comes plodding into living room, bone in mouth wagging his tail furiously, proudly walking about as if to say look what i done mummy (hed managed to get most of the meat out the middle of the bone without actually chewing the bone lol) so over he comes, and i just ignore him, not chancing petting him with a bone in his mouth as he is the dominent dog when it comes to his food (though i can take food of him and he doesnt bother)
he came over, sat at my feet , placed the bone in my lap and kept nudging it to me as if askin me to take a bit! for the rest of the day he sat at my feet and didnt move! he isnt a feet sitter, he always goes off and lies on his own, does his own thing, usually is axl i cant move for, yet today axl hasnt come near me
it was just so cute and unexpected, reckon he musta known i was in pain or something
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Awwwwwwww what a sweetie
tillytails
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by AxlAndChaos
reckon he musta known i was in pain or something
Hope you're feeling a bit better now A&C and not too bruised. And I reckon you're right about a pet's intuition - my cats will come and be with me when I'm in need of TLC and cats aren't exactly known for their undivided love and affection - I can only imagine how more attuned dogs might be
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 11:56 AM
b4 i was taken into hosp lat year, i had all 3 of my cats sitting right next to me, and ben followed me around, and sat by my feet, couldt move for animals, they where looking after me alright.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 12:10 PM
same here when im ill china is my shadow and is really gentle - stange for a clumsy ungraceful dog!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 12:55 PM
....they always know when we are hurting
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-03-2006, 01:43 PM
aww that's sweet.

i get buster a massive roast bone once a week but he is very protective of it and if you go near him he tenses up and if u stroke he growls and shows his teeth. he is only ever like this over a bone luckily, tho i know he would never bite.