View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2015, 08:26 AM

Good morning Dogsey daily thread (Saturday)

Morning all, here I am but I don't want to tempt fate! After bragging yesterday that 'puter was fine it conked out again!
Our friends arrive from Germany today for a week, so I may not be around very much....... or I might be here permanently posting piccies!
Have fun everyone!
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2015, 08:37 AM
Phew! Was starting to wonder where everyone was and if folks are ok, checked at 8.30 onwards. Would have started thread myself but not sure if I'm entitled to.

Nippy, hope your computer comes alive again.

Mixed bag of weather here, not quite sure what it's gonna do. Going to go and look at some flat screen tellys today. Want to treat Dad to a new one to replace his old fashioned one down at the caravan. A 24" one will be fine and I've seen one with a integrated DVD player for £129, the make is LOGIK. Reviews look ok, anyone else got opinions on Logik?

Have a good day everyone.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2015, 08:40 AM
Hi Popster, if you are around first of course you are entitled to open the thread. It's good to see you around
I can thoroughly recommend that Logik tv and dvd player. I have one in the bedroom It's great.

Right I've got to get on
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2015, 08:51 AM
Anyone can start the thread Poster, never been me because I sort the girls out, get their meals for the next 24 hours out of the freezer, and then get brekkie, read the papers online and stuff,so by then its around now Anyone seen Brenda, hope she's OK. Very dark and dismal here, Lona and Mabs can go for a swim today and Cariad and Keshi can have a walk. Nippy, hope the weather keeps fine for your friends
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Good morning fellow members just hung the sheets out and now it is raining

I am going to be brave this morning and move the cupboards in the garage to see if anything is lurking there ...
I keep putting it off
The humane mouse trap arrived, it is really small requiring me to get very close to any mouse I might trap in order to let it out so I am keeping it as a last resort .

Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2015, 09:32 AM
Morning Nippy Jen and all who follow.
Enjoy the week with your friends Nippy Jen hope the weather is kind to you.
Can recommend the Logik too Popster we have one in our bedroom too.
Good luck with the cupboard moving Meg and hope the little critter doesn't jump out and frighten you.

Gorden left here just before 8 to pop his car into the garage to get his front pads renewed he has had to wait up there and is in Morrissons drinking coffee and using their wifi if they have it.
Not heard a peep from that mechanic that came to look at my car last week so left him a message last night asking if he could just let me know how things are going and still had no reply. I wish people would just say if they don't want the job. Gorden has asked at the garage and they said they can get the part they are difficult to source but they have a supplier who can source it and they can get it to their garage it can't be driven with no brakes. The brake fluid doesn't leak out till you hit the brake and although not far I would have no brakes before reaching it. So I will ask him to book it in there.
Dull and breezy here but warm just back from a walk with Dillon and now to do some tidying.
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2015, 09:38 AM
I had a mouse in the house last year that eluded capture for weeks. Bit like that film Mousehunt with Lee Evans. Anyway it then seemed to have disappeared. One day I reached under the kitchen table to grab something and pulled out what I thought was a bit of fluff. (My eyesight could be better). The fluff turned out to be a very dead mouse! Poor thing, and poor me cos I got a bit of a fright!

Another time many years ago I called out the emergency British Gas cos I could smell gas under the stairs where the meter is. The guy duly came and couldn't find any leak although he could smell 'something'. He left assuring me there was no gas leak. I then found a dead mouse that had got trapped under a spare telly I had stored under the stairs.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-05-2015, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
The humane mouse trap arrived, it is really small requiring me to get very close to any mouse I might trap in order to let it out so I am keeping it as a last resort .
Also be warned (If it is like the one I used) when you do let it out they jump so make sure you are pointing it away from your body or you might have him nestling in your shirt

When I did it he jumped and landed at least ten feet away

ETA:-
Also I don't rate them, in ten years I only ever caught the one I mentioned above. But plenty of evidence there were many more around.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2015, 09:43 AM
Hi Everyone,

Did something this morning I never do and that is have a lay in and enjoy it. Steve's gone fishing again. Have a good day all. God bless.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2015, 09:58 AM
Just seen this and it made me cry, but in a nice way https://uk.screen.yahoo.com/horse-pa...142013901.html
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >