View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-04-2005, 06:18 PM
MM I would advise your friend to go back to her breeder and take things from there. They know the best lines for her dog and whether her dog is suitable for breeding and will help with everything like health testing
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 06:20 PM
good luck with everything....
millies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2005, 06:20 PM
her breeder cannot help her she has died , thats why i asked on here on her behalf
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-04-2005, 06:21 PM
what about her dogs sire? She could go and speak to them.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 06:23 PM
At no point did the poster say their friend was interested in breeding because they had "a nice dog". Perhaps asking the questions first would have been better, maybe then the poster could have had some more constructive answers and have been able to help the person out a bit more afterall. They may decide to go ahead with or without advice at least having given an idea of what to look for and where you are pointing them in the right direction!

MM, please dont feel sorry for asking the question, somebody asked you for advice and you did your bit & helped by asking on here and that is nothing to apologise for I am only sorry that it had the response it did (my posts included).

Laura
millies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2005, 06:23 PM
i will put this to my friend tomorrow, like a said it was a casual question a friend asked me to find out , im sure if she is serious she will look into it more throughly
millies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2005, 06:25 PM
thank you laura , you response has made me feel better , i wish i had never asked !
julie
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Please dont feel like that, you did the right thing. If you dont ask you never know
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-04-2005, 06:28 PM
MM sometimes a question spawns other questions, and replys, that is the way of it on forums. Don't ever feel that you can't ask for assisstance on here, any help we can give will be given, with a smile in our hearts.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 06:38 PM
I apologise MM if I upset you or any other members of the forum, maybe I get a little heated about certain things so once again I appologise I hope you accept it.

On a lighter note then and hopefully be a little more helpful perhaps if she could contact the sire's owner for advise? I would imagine not many on here could actually honestly say they have a dog or know of a dog that could be suitable given they know nothing of the bitch.

Or if she could contact her breed club for some advice. Lets hope she has homes for the pups she is planning on having.

MO
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >