View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 08:37 PM
awe its every horse owners worst nightmare, I think thought these things look worse than they are, though I have to say he did a good job of chewing himself up, they dont look too deep though and he should be healed quite quick,,, hope hes all healed soon x
give him a hug from me x
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Awwww poor soul hope he heals soon and keeps out of mischief xxxxxxxxxx
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 08:40 PM
No they aren't too deep..there are a couple of little bits that are deeper.. its just that its such a large area that makes it look bad.. His legs (inner thighs) are rather swollen and bruised..but he will be fine..
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2008, 08:43 PM
I hope it heals up well for him and you.

Julie and Teddy
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2008, 02:59 AM
Awww , poor Rocky. Looks like he was stuck for a while and had struggled to try to free himself. Thank god they're not deep though as the front of the hock is a nightmare to heal if the wound is deep. Great that he's back out too as his legs would be up like tree trunks if he stayed in all night. Walking around the field is the best thing to keep the circulation going and therefore the swelling down. Another positive thing is that it's too early in the year for too many flies so less chance of the wounds getting infected. It's good that the vet clipped his legs too. That way the hair won't trap any dirt against his skin and again , get it infected. You can also keep a close eye on it that way. One thing that would be good for him if you can is after leaving the wounds to heal for maybe about a week , all being well with no infection and the skin starting to dry up , would be to take him to the beach and walk him in the sea. Gullane is a very clean beach and it's not too far away. If I can do anything to help , just PM me. Take care , he'll get better soon and all his gorgeous feathers WILL grow back after a while.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 06:40 AM
looks not too bad actually,will prob heel very quick1 that gel is magic!!!!!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 06:44 AM
Poor Rocky it does look nice and clean though, hope he a good night, and you managed to get some sleep through the worry also hope you find him safely in the middle of the field this morning
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Missysmum View Post
would be to take him to the beach and walk him in the sea. Gullane is a very clean beach and it's not too far away.

Fab idea... but he's only ever been to the sea once.. to Yellowcraigs...and wouldn't go in the water.. He's a big girls blouse really LOL
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Oh poor boy
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Poor boy, hope it heals quickly
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >