Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 07:27 PM

Gutted...building work put off

We're due to have some external work done to the house starting Monday. All the render being taken off back to the brick, waterproof seal put on and the whole house clad. Roof tiles to do, new front door and gutterings and fascias. I've booked 2 weeks off work while it's being done and am really looking forward to having it finished. Anyway, the builder rang last night to say the mate that's supposed to be helping him has gone on the sick. He's self employed so we know he must be sick and the builder is a friend and completely reliable. He's trying to call in favours to get someone else to help with the work but it may be a few weeks before they can start.
The up side is two weeks off work but I really wanted to go back to work with it all done.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Summer time is a builders busy period so your man being left in the lurch will have gutted him also Wufflehound.I do feel sorry for you cause no doubt the anticipation of getting your home fixed was continually playing on your mind and to suddenly get left in the lurch isnt good.

You will get it all done,but just may take a wee bit longer!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Yep Steve, he's a busy builder all year cause he's extremely good and reliable, doesn't even stop working to eat. He's a diamond really. It's just that you get yourself worked up to have the mess and look forward to the finished product. Wanted it done while I was off work so I don't get those phone calls at work saying things like, 'the wall has fallen down'
Thing is we don't like to go away when the kids are off school, we prefer quieter times of the year. Guess it'll be 2 weeks of dog walking and maybe a few days out with the girls shopping. Could be worse I suppose
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 09:12 PM
If it makes you feel any better the builders at my house started three weeks ago and still have not finished, keep having to many cups of tea
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Well when ours gets going he doesn't even stop for a cup of tea so I guess having to wait a few weeks before we start isn't too bad.