Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by poppysma View Post
When I got my Yorkie Lucy I was determined to do everything right food-wise so started making lovely home cooked food. Fast forward 4 years and it's a nightmare! All she will eat is sliced beef with the occasional bit of pate, cheese or chicken added, but really she's not bothered most of the time. I know I should just put food down and if she doesn't eat it, take it away but the problem is if she's hungry she's sick and brings up luminous yellow green bile. I don't know if it's just a Yorkie thing as mine have all done it?
Any suggestions anyone?
No it's not just a yorkie thing any dog with an empty stomach is likely to bring up bile.
You could throw her completely and offer her raw, starting with a cut up chicken thigh, or a bit off the roast before you roast it. I'd avoid the likes of pate or cheese both high fat. You could try lightly tossing the food in garlic to warm it and garlic gets most dogs interest. Cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, natural yoghurt, tuna, pilchards etc etc

I would avoid Bakers as it's cr@p. How much does a Yorkie eat anyway, can't be much so it's not beyond the realms of possibility to feed her protein based human food, raw, cooked or canned like sardines.
poppysma
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2015, 09:39 PM
I've tried veg, both whole and pureed and had no luck. She just eats round it
poppysma
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2015, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
No it's not just a yorkie thing any dog with an empty stomach is likely to bring up bile.
You could throw her completely and offer her raw, starting with a cut up chicken thigh, or a bit off the roast before you roast it. I'd avoid the likes of pate or cheese both high fat. You could try lightly tossing the food in garlic to warm it and garlic gets most dogs interest. Cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, natural yoghurt, tuna, pilchards etc etc

I would avoid Bakers as it's cr@p. How much does a Yorkie eat anyway, can't be much so it's not beyond the realms of possibility to feed her protein based human food, raw, cooked or canned like sardines.
I always give her "human" food but the little ****** turns her nose up! The only thing that occasionally seems to interest her is if we have anything with chilli in and in desperation I've made her something with a teeny bit and sometimes she'll have it, sometimes not.
I started off so well with Ogen grain free stuff but I was just chucking money away.
It's so annoying, not to mention expensive, continually making her stuff only for her to leave it! If you reckon garlic is OK I might give that a go (I wasn't sure because I know they can't have onion) ...wish me luck!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Garlic is fine, I used the easy garlic in a jar for simplicity and just lightly tossed the meat in it.
Have you tried things like cottage cheese, I only buy it for the dogs but they love it.
poppysma
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2015, 08:09 AM
No I haven't, but it's worth a try!
SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2015, 10:43 AM
Most dogs seem to like tinned Chappie and also cat pouches work really well if any of my oldies are a bit off their normal food.
poppysma
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2015, 01:57 PM
I have no problems picking up any manner of dog poo but I'm really squeamish about dog food! I might have a look at the cat stuff because I've seen other people have recommended it on other posts-no doubt it will be a bit yukky too
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2