View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Thanks Barbara Unfortunately Shefa Foods do not answer either their main telephone number or the mobile number listed on their site, and Shay & Israel Amrusi Ltd.want a minimum of 25 Metric Tons which is, I think, rather more than I have freezer space for!
Wolfwitch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2014, 02:14 PM
LOL, who could need that many chicken feet in one go?
Apart from the obvious, what's especially good about chicken feet for soup, if you don't mind me asking?

I remember first coming over the UK and asking a butcher in the market for a beef marrow bone. He looked at me and laughed, saying those were reserved for regular loyal customers only. Up until then I had just been getting them from the supermarket
I love marrow balls for the soup though, soo yummy.

Does anyone use sheep lard blocks in their feed? It was recommended to me by a vet when my BC had bad flea allergies and his coat and skin had gone horrible. I would get the blocks, melt a tiny bit and put in the food like you would with codliver oil or somesuch and it was absolutely amazing. This was a dog that was allergic to everything, had the poor thing on the recommended "lamb/rice" kibble that was prescribed for ages until then and once I started mixing that in, he was good as gold with a super shiny lush coat.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Where do you get the sheep lard blocks from. Chicken feet I believe you can get in chinese supermarkets. I get loadsa marrowbones every week on my bone run
Wolfwitch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2014, 03:05 PM
I used to source it from abroad through my connections in the Netherlands, but I'm sure you'd be able to get it here as well.

English page:
http://www.rodi-petfood.nl/en/rodi-e...penvet-naturel

I'll have to investigate, I've not needed any for a while, but will definitely stock up again when the time comes.

Where do you go for your bone run June? Just a local butcher? Think I saw some info on your page regarding a farm ?

EDIT: bit of an eclectic source in the UK :
http://www.vonwolfshop.co.uk/sheep-fat-425ml-929-p.asp
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-11-2014, 03:12 PM
I go over to South Manchester on the run so not passing you unfortunately. However, if you go on Landywoods http://landywoods.co.uk/ i know they used to deliver bones along with food, I don't use them anymore as i don't have the freezer room with all the bones I get, plus pet mince from my butcher, plus I go to a wholesalers for shavings where he has freezers with the free flow minces in at a lower price and larger range than pets@home, so am always fully stocked up in there, and also there's tinned fish in my cupboards for them. Have been considering the chickens feet myself, but i don't think i need them to be honest, they get a wide variety as it is, and already feed a lot of chicken anyway.
Wolfwitch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Thank June, I wasn't trying to get in on your shopping run, bless!
I'm very resourceful when it comes to getting stuff delivered and I won't be without a car forever, I'd rather just spend on the money on something else for the moment.
You never know, that rich sugar daddy with his 4x4 might be just around the corner
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfwitch View Post
Thank June, I wasn't trying to get in on your shopping run, bless!
I'm very resourceful when it comes to getting stuff delivered and I won't be without a car forever, I'd rather just spend on the money on something else for the moment.
You never know, that rich sugar daddy with his 4x4 might be just around the corner
If you happen to come across two please send one in my direction!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by chlosmum View Post
If you happen to come across two please send one in my direction!
And if you happen to come across three you can keep the third one for yourself as a spare as I really do not want one!
Wolfwitch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
And if you happen to come across three you can keep the third one for yourself as a spare as I really do not want one!
Which one, the sugar daddy or the 4x4 ?

Don't worry, the chances of me pulling either are about the same as winning the lottery: more likely to be hit by lightning whilst swimming in the ocean and being eaten by a shark.

tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-11-2014, 04:03 PM
Much less hassle without one and less trouble over the remote and whether the football or some other interminable game with a ball involved is on telly instead of Corrie etc
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >