View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-05-2010, 07:56 AM
It was hard work but I loved every second of it, I was around 14 at the time and use to work there holidays, weekends and after school all for free rides. I stayed till I was 16, then life, boys and work got in the way plus a riding accident.

The worst bit was early mornings and having too break the ice off the taps and water troughs.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Lovely to see the horses. I remember many days spent ferrying my daughters to riding schools and riding camps. And then we ended up with a horse of own which I occasionally rode.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
Lovely horses. The 2nd picture is exactly like my Thoroughbred I lost last year.
You'll be on one of those in no time, jumping 6ft'ers
I adore the thoroughbreds, they are just such stunningly beautiful animals. Not sure I will be leaping on one (and jumping ) in the very near future, but would love to eventually.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
It was hard work but I loved every second of it, I was around 14 at the time and use to work there holidays, weekends and after school all for free rides. I stayed till I was 16, then life, boys and work got in the way plus a riding accident.
The worst bit was early mornings and having too break the ice off the taps and water troughs.
Sorry to hear about your accident, what happened? Early mornings and ice on taps and water troughs sound familiar

Originally Posted by talassie View Post
Lovely to see the horses. I remember many days spent ferrying my daughters to riding schools and riding camps. And then we ended up with a horse of own which I occasionally rode.
Any piccies Irena?
Fi-m
New Member!
Female 

25-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Some lovely horses there Kirsty!

I had to register to see them lol.

Fi
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-05-2010, 03:49 PM
You might wish you hadn't asked that question.

I use to ride and look after a 16.2 cross country hunter road worthy and a great ride. One Sunday morning we were off out on a road ride when we went under a bridge and all of a sudden a car load of young lads came behind us honking their horn, Copper was terrified and took off and slipped his bit, we went up the road at full speed and he jumped the bonnet of a car turning right out of a junction.

I came off and luckily one of the girls who owned a horse at the riding school was walking down the road to get to the stables and caught him and took him back for me and had his leg checked out while I was carted off in an ambulance and the police left too inform my mum and dad.

Copper had a nick to his leg and I had a blood shot eye for months and still have the lump on my forehead to this day.

Sadly I lost my confidence, I did try too get back on but my legs went to jelly not only on him but any horse, so I gave up with the riding after that.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 06:09 PM
That sounds really nasty Lynn And all because of some numbskulls I am so sorry it ruined your love of riding
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
That sounds really nasty Lynn And all because of some numbskulls I am so sorry it ruined your love of riding
Thanks it was many years ago now. Horse and I were both lucky. I do some day hanker to get back on and who knows maybe one day I will.

My friend has horses and I have ridden one under her supervision a few years back and that wasn't too bad.

But she now has a german warm blood she has broken in herself and she is not for the faint hearted and the other two are small now as they were children's when they were younger. Don't think they would be best pleased if mum decided to let me on.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post

Any piccies Irena?
A picture of my elder daughter riding Bracken.

She was a good rider. She had good balance.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Thats a great photo.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >