Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 12:27 PM

2 little horrors

ok i will try not to ramble but bear with me. when we got max our 2 friends got 2 of his sisters. Coco is the dominant one and when we walk she doesnt let the other 2 do anything but she is generally more feisty, vocal and bossy. Not in an aggressive way she is just the boss and we walk together about 3 times a week and they all no the rules. sometimes i just walk with abbys owner and max and abby are very similar and both quite laid back. they are both very quiet never bark growl or grumble at anything. when it is just them on walks they just play together real nice they share sticks happily and although they do a lot of rough play it is always silent no growling or anything. anyway abbys owner has gone to new york and abby has been at cocos for the last four days and last night she came her and is with us till monday. i have had her for the day before with no problems at all and they just play as they normally do on walks. well all day today abby keeps snapping at max and is making loads of growley noises when they are playing. i am wondering if she is just exhausted after her 4 days with coco and just cant handle max who is full of energy and dead excited she is here. should i leave them alone? neither have ever shown any signs of aggression or dominance but i dont want one of them to get hurt? I thought it would be dead easy but i am finding hat i am having to watch them like a hawk
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-04-2005, 02:47 PM
sorry I cant help you much maybe she is a bit confused and missing her family or due in season
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Or maybe Coco's been too much for her, as u say yourself Katy.

I know Luna learns bad manners from Bella in no time... Does it seem like she wont be around him? I mean is she trying to avoid him?

I'm sure she'll be fine once she relaxes a bit. Poor thing must be missing her mum and dad.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 08:13 PM
oh no she seems quite happy and doesnt want to be seperated from him and starts some of the wrestling she just seems narky not her normal self but shhh they are both asleep at the moment bliss!!!!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 08:19 PM
awwwww. Well I think its just they'll be fine, and as u say, there's no aggresiveness... So I wouldnt worry... I can tell you, Luna plays very differently with other labs or dogs her own size, than she does with Bella..

I've never seen her play like she did with her mum and sister though... It was so nice to see. I was on a high for days
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 11:11 PM
It's a bit odd if she hasn't always played like this...but things that the others have said may be a factor...

Or maybe she was just having one of those days, I find dogs moods can be changeable to some extent just like our own.

Kody has always been quite snappy and very vocal indeed when wrestling with Keena...He even sometimes goes a bit loony and starts to really fight, but so long as their arn't any teeth being sunk in I leave them to sort it...Keena normally just holds him down with her paw or sort of 'hugs' him until he is done being tempramental!...If I really don't like how it is going though I will squirt them with a toy water pistol to take their attention off of the moment and then just leave it or if Takoda is being particulary pissy and isn't willing to let it lie, then he gets put on ignore for 10 mins till he cools down and learns to play nicer!

It doesn't sound as if Max's sister is being too aggressive at all so I shouldn't worry, as wound up as Kody gets sometimes and even with all the noise he makes and gnashing sounds from his teeth (or gums at the mo, due to teething!) he rarely would try to seriously inflict any damage on Keena and the same goes for her. I think it would take an awful lot to make two dogs who generally like each other to really go at it and do harm.

Just off the subject a sec though, how lucky are you having his old litter mates around still for him to meet up with and play with. I would love that...Keena being the breed she is, I rarely ever get to see another of her kind even, much less have her litter mates anywhere near

Good luck with both of them though Katy! I'm sure they'll be just fine and his sister will return to her normal play soon enough. If not, maybe she is just growing in character now she is getting a little more mature and her play may differ from when she was more of a puppy? Either way I bet it will all just blow over and things will be fine.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 11:17 PM
thanx myschievous they are not being too bad i think he just gets a bit much for her at times and she is sooo tired after four days with their other sister coco! i spoke to cocos owner earlier and she said that coco has been in a coma since abby left! max is still full of energy and abby has to keep giving him a good hiding but he is so over excited he is not getting the message. hubby took max out for an hour this evening and abby slept the whole time with lots of loud snoring so she has been a bit better since then! they are still at it though wrestling in the living room! i just hope they settle down when we go to bed! she seems quite happy with us and ate all her dinner(but hey she is a lab) she is so different from max and has been fascinating me! her coat is totally different she is lighter and not as soft and she is so diddy and petite he looks like a mutant now! she is a lot more gentle than him aswell and hubby said to me why didnt we pick her from the litter lol! i covered max's ears! one day down 3 to go!!!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2005, 05:17 AM
Aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww poor Max, daddy still lovs ya!!!!!

See I thought it might be Abby being tired or sommin... Hopefully you've had a good night...