View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Oh Lynn, your whole life is on a question mark. I do hope Gorden gets his interview even if he is not offered the job, they will be mad not to snatch him up if they consider all additional assets they would be gaining by having him. Maybe if you worked it out and tried to move back to Essex, if Mark agrees to move in with you and also Joel, their combined input into the household income might make it workable. Oh I do feel for you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2016, 12:18 PM
Can't afford to move back to Essex Moyra unless we win big time on the lottery.
Too old to get a mortgage now and rents would be very high plus if Mark moved in with us he would never stand a chance of getting anything through social housing.
Afraid we are stuck in Norfolk or surrounding areas now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2016, 12:24 PM
Lynn, there are some lovely park homes in Thurrock, too expensive for me but maybe with no mortgage you might be able to afford one. Some of them are quite beautiful.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2016, 12:38 PM
Gorden won't entertain a park home wouldn't so we could stay in Essex. Its down to the yearly grond fees etc., and the clauses that are written in. Some you have to renew the property every 10 to 15 years and from their stock. Not sure we want to be tied to leasing the ground.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Gorden won't entertain a park home wouldn't so we could stay in Essex. Its down to the yearly grond fees etc., and the clauses that are written in. Some you have to renew the property every 10 to 15 years and from their stock. Not sure we want to be tied to leasing the ground.
Hi Lynn, yes absolutely agree with Gordon, I did some research while we were still in CZ, even went to one manufacturer in Brandon (Omar Homes) and Gordon is right, the homes look lovely and come complete with everything, TV, kitchen ware, beds, linen etc. but (and it is a big but), you do not own the land they sit on and that gives the park owner huge control over you, they can lay down rules about when and where you put the washing out and a lot more besides. IMO you did well to avoid that route. There is one very close to us (Rymer Park) roads are all paved and street lighting, looks nice, but very glad we did not go for it.

Off to take Rianna and Casey for a short walk now see you latter.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2016, 01:23 PM
Hoping Gorden hears something or a better job shows up, Lynn.
Very cold and grey here,strong wind as well. Quite a lot out on the Country Park today, not seen any of them before.Made sure I kept Kesh on a line, Mabs is always good, Zen is OK, a work in progress. She was playing with a small collie, every time she came running to me, the collie followed, then the owner called the collie, which went running to her and Zen followed her. Some cyclists appeared which wrecked their game and eventually both dogs followed the right people
Had a butty and cup of tea after a nice hot shower, have an hour with the telly until Doctors finishes then will get off and do the shopping. Dead easy cleaning up at the moment, need to give the yard a hose down later on, just wanted to get in after clearing up so have to finish off when I have put the shopping away
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2016, 01:40 PM
Are you feeling better Harvey ?
Not sure Dillon would enjoy the restricted space now plus some won't entertain dogs. I was all for it especially as a neighbour in a similar position to us was buying a park home Waltham Abbey way. The owners of the park came up on one of the sites I was googling as being a tyrant put me right off then.
Glad you had a good walk June. Trying Grantchester again for the umpteenth time today get to the end of one quarter and the adverts take over the world have emailed ITV hub lets see if they have sorted it.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2016, 01:43 PM
Update on tick prevention. A vet from animed has said as long as treatment is done on a continual basis monthly the dog will be covered. But if in doubt contact your own vet.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2016, 02:14 PM
I'm just not happy about the chances of seizures occuring using these products Brenda
Oooh that new Practice Manager is after ousting Heston now
Right, get myself sorted and out shopping, really cold here today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2016, 02:39 PM
i don't like the new practice manager ad how people can't see him for what he is is beyond me!!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >