Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2016, 07:34 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, March 11

Good Morning everyone,

Thanks everyone for your advice re my skin irritation problem. Lots of things to try!

So pleased to hear Casey's leg is on the mend and his 'plums' have also gone down with the A/B s. Lets hope he continues to improve.

Lynn, that was a shame about Joel's birthday treat, I hope both Mark and Joel are now over the possible food poisoning.

Griff, hope you manage to get some food for Dex, all a bit of a pain with some of these internet companies.

Nippy Jen, hope you are recovering ok, do take things easy though.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-03-2016, 07:56 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow. Hope you find something Moyra to help with the skin problems.
Good to hear Casey's leg is on the mend.
Hope your feeling better today Nippy Jen.
Hope everyone and four legged friends are feeling well today.

Thank you Moyra they are both better Mark dragged himself into work yesterday much to my worry but kept in touch to let me know by lunch time he was feeling much better. He is very cross though.
Dillon got me up at 5 to go out I curled up and slept on the sofa had a disturbing dream hope I can shake the uneasiness off as the day goes on. Probably will when Gorden returns home safe it was about him just disappearing while we were having a meal out together.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-03-2016, 08:45 AM
Good morning Moyra ,Lynn and all to come
Hope you find sone things to sooth the itch Moyra
Notty Dillion waking up so early lynn hope the uneasy feeling passas hugs
Hope the cat food delivery is dispatched PDQ Griff
Great news regarding Casey hope he continues to improve
Big hugs Nippy do take care
No letting the cat out of the bag today Sue make Tweed guess what he's having for dinner lol
Brenda , Manday LG TW hope your all doing ok
Sorry if i'v missed anyone
Dull and misty this morning need to catch up on housework as little been done
This week
Just hope i'v lost some weight (wishfull thinking ) with all the extra dog walking
Having the munsters next week also as there wasn't a happy outcome for thier owner so he's off down south again
The vets at 3pm for the boy yahoooooo just hope he starts to pick up he seams to have aged drastically so gray in the face and lost his sparkle
Right better get a move on
Have a great day what evey you all get up to
Take care stay safe xxxx
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2016, 08:59 AM
Morning all, think of it Lynn as if he had gone to the loo. Then he comes back and all is well. Dreams are strange things and there is normally a solution to them. If it recurs and you wake up think of it and get in your mind a good ending and then when you sleep you will find it will pass. Hope everyone else has a good day. Pleased to hear Caseys leg is getting better. Watched a bit of crufts last evening and to me some of them looked very wary about beng touched and some of them, well, their gaits were all wrong to me. Wasn't impressed by the hairy slug that got placed. Sorry only my opinion.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2016, 09:14 AM
Morning all.
Hope your itch improves Moyra, often another horrible effect of growing old
Lynn, I hate that sort of dream that you just can't shake off. I hope the memory soon fades.
Norma it is breaking my heart to see Pepsi so grey and so definitely slowing down. We have to make the most of them whilst we have them
Brenda, haha what was the hairy slug? I didn't see any of Crufts. I decided not to watch it anymore after all the fiascos there have been
Hope you all have a good day.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2016, 09:18 AM
Norma, so sorry Mr Fritz is not doing so well. You will be worn out with another week of the munsters, Good luck to you with them, hope all goes well.

Lynn, that is horrible when you dream and their is no conclusion. Do hope you manage to shake it off as the day goes on. Have a good day all, take care. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2016, 09:33 AM
Good morning

Hope you are improving Nippy (hugs) The hairy slug was a Peke

Pleased Casey had a good result at the vets Harvey and hope he heals quickly and is soon back to normal (whatever normal is)!

Hope everything arrives in your order Moyra for your itch and it is soon under control.

Hope vet visit goes well this afternoon Norma. Perhaps he will perk up once the cone of shame is removed.

Sorry you had a bad dream Lynn. As Brenda says try not to think of it during the day and n doubt you will find out what caused it.

No Norma I am not telling him today he can wait until lunch time

Lovely and dry here and the sun is trying to appear after a misty start. Housework done so having a coffee before heading into the garden for an hour.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-03-2016, 10:01 AM
Hi Lynn, the dream will have its roots in the birthday meal where everyone was poorly and you are dreaming about it as you were worried. Our subconscious is busy working away and resolving things when we sleep, and that is the scenario it has come up with, replacing Mark with the person closest to you in your life, which is Gorden, and you always worry till he is home, and that is your worse case scenario, Gorden 'disappearing' basically.
Friend is in the gundog show today, I think Griff said it was on More4 but can't find More4 and had a look at the schedules, gundogs is on this afternoon. I know Brenda, I see some dogs where I am told the breeder breeds 'Champions' and I can't see it, but who am I, I know what I like, and lots of dogs don't have any substance to them anymore, a puff of wind would blow them away I think. Friends dog does have a nice head and topline, and I like what I have seen of him, but its all a gamble on the day. Jackie is on tomorrow with Figo, he's a nice looking dog, and the judges seem to agree with me so far on that one
Seems a bit warmer this morning, have switched their heatlamps off already, usually I leave them on till mid morning and they are back from walks. Nice and dry, thats the main thing in my eyes
Moyra, maybe using a bath gel or shower gel for sensitive skins, I use one with honey in and also baby lotion as a moisturiser when I come out of the shower or bath. I have a snake serum one for my face, whether it works I don't know, it was in Home Bargains and thought I would give it a try. I use washing soda on the floors or in the yard, drains and maybe a blind wash in the washer or on the old sheets I put down for the girls to walk through on. I can't see it being much good on skin somehow
Norma, sorry to hear Mr Fritz isn't so good, it is probably shock you know, does take a while for us to get over things, never mind dogs, he's had a few sessions of GA because of his ops as well. Once the warmer weather's here and he can get some sun on his back he'll come round.
Nippy how are you today, hoping Pepsi is keeping you amused whilst you nurse your poor bruised ribs.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-03-2016, 10:58 AM
Morning all who have followed. Dream gone from my mind a nice walk with Dillon did the trick and the fact we met a beautiful Leonberger on the back road home. 2+ years we have been walking that road and never knew he lived there his name is Jackson Dillon was a little wary unusual for him to meet something bigger than himself.
He was waiting for his Aunty Helen and the groomer van he is off to Crufts tomorrow he is a champion.
Hope your friend does well June.
Norma and Nippy Jen I notice Dillon slowing down some days more than others and it reminds me he is in his 5th year now so will be slowing.
Nice day here sunny bit chilly but not to bad.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2016, 11:15 AM
TW, this is my response from vetuk...see what you make of it as i am non the bl**dy wiser
Good Morning,

Thank you for your email. I’m very sorry to hear that your order has still not been dispatched and apologise for any inconvenience which this delay may have caused.

I have checked the status of your order and we hope to have dispatched this by early next week, however should you still not have heard anything by then we would welcome you to get back in touch. Unfortunately we cannot advise at this time when your order will be processed however you will receive a confirmation email when this has been dispatched.

We understand that you may not be able to wait this long, therefore should you need to cancel this we would be more than happy to do this for you
Apologies once again for not advising you of this delay sooner, we hope that this will not affect your confidence in shopping with us again in the future.
We appreciate your understanding and patience at this time.
Nippy, hope you are not to sore today
Crufts is on more4 at 6.30 i think...not positive and channel 4 at 7 i think too..again not sure
Norma, hope Mr Fritz is ok and i am sure he will get his sparkle back at some point
Lynn, pleased the dream has gone and i looooove leonbergers
Brenda..lol hairy slug
Morning Moyra and Sue
Off to get some brekkie in a moment and will need to try and get some cat food from somewhere....i see a mad ring round of vets going on
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >