View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bella2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-04-2012, 09:08 PM

Why would Bella come in and wee on the carpet :( ?

Baffled. Bella One year old Goldie, house trained, been around all day with her, door open, been out for walks, wondered in tonight and went for a wee on the rug!

The only thing I can think of is I took her for normal evening walk, she was expecting her let off the lead on field but unfortunatly the field was locked/closed - it's a dog walking field next to race track and they close it on a race day (suppose just in case the more adventerous dog climbs the banks) she obviously got the hump took her for a bit of a longer walk but on lead so not best impressed.

However she was home for good couple of hours and let out in yard.... before she came in and did this ,why did she do this ?
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2012, 06:27 AM
I think sometimes once they have done this once , it's really hard to get the scent out of the rug. One of mine used to do this just on a particular rug for no reason, I have a dog flap.

I used to wash it with biological powder and used White vinegar but to no avail. Ended up throwing the rug away and then no problems. She is only young so probably didn't realise.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2012, 06:50 AM
is it a white rug? only ask cos i put a white duvet down for Samson one day and he weed on it, can only think it was that it resembled the white of newspaper and he thought it was to wee on? only thing i can think of sorry and its a long shot as bella has been house trained for quite a while.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2012, 07:17 AM
Dogs
If it is in the same place as she has done it before it could be that she can smell the ammonia and assumes it is her new toilet area. Make sure you clean the area on the carpet with 'wee away' or one of the products that actually rids the area of the smell (I'm sure you would anyway). If she hasn't done it again, I guess we can rule out a possible UTI (infection) which I guess just leaves that maybe as she couldn't have her off-lead blast in the field she simply hadn't emptied her bladder.
Hopefully it'll be a one off - sorry I'm not of much help!
Bella2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2012, 08:00 AM
Thanks evryone, the only time she has done it before is through excitment or nervousness- tiny bit, she wasn't either and it was a full crouch down wee. Hoping it was just a one off
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Could she be coming into season?
Bella2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Could she be coming into season?
She has been spayed, I personally feel it was a protest of not getting off the lead? She does have a very stubborn streak
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2012, 08:09 AM
If she only likes to 'go' off lead she may not have found the right time for a big wee on the walk. My JRT doesn't like to toilet on lead and has also been known to piddle indoors after a lead walk.