View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 10:50 AM
How does your husband show his fear? Puppies/dogs will pick up on things & react a accordingly. If you are at home all day with the dogs how do you interact with them. If up until now - 8 weeks, its been fun to have the puppy so dependent on you, you want a break from it, you are going to have to break her dependance gradually. As someone says put up gates to prevent her following you about. Shes asking you for constant attention which presumably she has got up to now

It concerns me also your OH's dislike & fear of such a young baby animal. Is she nippy with him? How is she with the other dog? Have you spoke to her breeder - sometimes they can be very helpful, depending who you got her from. A good reputable breeder will want to make sure their puppies are doing well in their new homes.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 11:00 AM
One question I forgot to ask, how do you and OH react to the whining and barking?
nettle2006
New Member!
Female 

23-03-2011, 11:02 AM
she has not liked him from the start but she is out with me or with the dog she has wonderful manners with her i wish i new what her trick was. as i said she is well behaved for me apart from the constant bark, they know i am boss i feed them but they just do not like one another poor little thing
nettle2006
New Member!
Female 

23-03-2011, 11:06 AM
do my very best to egnore her its what every training book i have tells me to do
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by nettle2006 View Post
she has not liked him from the start but she is out with me or with the dog she has wonderful manners with her i wish i new what her trick was. as i said she is well behaved for me apart from the constant bark, they know i am boss i feed them but they just do not like one another poor little thing
This is very odd, what way did she react when you first brought her home, with your OH? please exPlain what you mean by "disliked" him frOm the start
nettle2006
New Member!
Female 

23-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
This is very odd, what way did she react when you first brought her home, with your OH? please exPlain what you mean by "disliked" him frOm the start
she has never done a thing he says even though the other dog dose she has met my cousins, nieses and nefues and she has never niped them. yet she has always nips him yes i do use time out but this is when i am not in the room if i am there and he is she has nothing to do with him
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 11:41 AM
no not at all i am realey greatful for your advice she's good when left alone but when my husband comes home she gose mad for some reason thanks again
she has never done a thing he says even though the other dog dose she has met my cousins, nieses and nefues and she has never niped them. yet she has always nips him yes i do use time out but this is when i am not in the room if i am there and he is she has nothing to do with him
I'm not experienced with puppies but if this were said about my dog, I'd say that it sounds like she isn't being 'nasty' but is just getting over excited when your husband gets home?

Is she actually being 'nasty' and showing fear/aggression towards your husband or is she just getting hyper because she hasn't seen him all day and wants to play? Have you taught her bite inhibition?
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3