Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by nettle2006 View Post
thanks, we have one in formby there nent to be the best thats where some other dog trainers but they won't take her on till 20 week cos she has to have her kennal cough vacciene first
she is with me all the time as i don't work
she has 3 15 mins walks a day
i don't no whether my husband is getting to her as he dose not like he is very scared of her. and she sleeps in her own crate
If your husband doesnt "like" her, it may be in your puppies best interest to return her to the breeder. Sorry if I sound harsh but any animal shouldnt be bought into a home where it isnt wanted or liked by all members. The dog will pick up on that.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 08:46 AM
It sounds as though you are doing everything you can for your puppy but I have to agree with Borderdawn. If your husband is scared of her at 16 weeks, what is he going to be like when she is fully grown? Your poor puppy must be wondering what she's done wrong so it's no wonder she is unhappy.
nettle2006
New Member!
Female 

23-03-2011, 09:06 AM
no not at all i am realey greatful for your advice she's good when left alone but when my husband comes home she gose mad for some reason thanks again
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 09:29 AM
I`m wondering if she`s stressed and confused?
Your posts don`t give us a lot of information.
Do you play with her, cuddle her, groom her?
Does she have her own den or bed?
Is she left for long?
Do you know what sort of home she came from?
Is she vet-checked.
A pup should be outgoing and playful - you haven`t mentioned this side of her which is a little worrying.
Perhaps you could tell us more?
nettle2006
New Member!
Female 

23-03-2011, 09:41 AM
she is very out going and she has been checked by the vet, she is in perfect health. she sleeps in her own crate and loves to play all time . she reminds me of bambi when she is playing ball . she gets hug i would not have got her if i could not do that. but she is compleatly different with my husband it's like she picks on him cos he is frieghtened of her, she is never like that with me.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Your profile says you also own a Shih-Tzu...is your husband "scared" of that dog as well?

With the crying and barking at night, I would always sit with my pups until they fell alseep, then sneak out. I would never just shove them in the crate when they were wide awake. This always worked for me.
nettle2006
New Member!
Female 

23-03-2011, 10:01 AM
no he is not scared of the shih tzu he loves them i think he fears the wrong dog. but she is a very calm dog not as bouncey the border terrier puppy
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
If your husband doesnt "like" her, it may be in your puppies best interest to return her to the breeder. Sorry if I sound harsh but any animal shouldnt be bought into a home where it isnt wanted or liked by all members. The dog will pick up on that.
HI there, do you know what has made your OH afraid of the puppy? I also agree with above, i have a Border terrier and they can be very challenging , so it is best to get it sorted ASAP.

sue
nettle2006
New Member!
Female 

23-03-2011, 10:22 AM
no we had a border before and she was no different in temperment than this one but she never took anthing to heart like her my other dog was great with anyone and i think he thought she would be like her. just as bouncy as her we have only lived together this past year so my other dog was mostly with me
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm a little confused:

Does your dog whine and bark only when you are there?

Does your dog whine and bark only when hubby is home?

What's your daily routine? When is she fed, what do you feed her, is her toileting routine sorted etc?

How does hubby show that he is scared of the little one? Does he shout, smack, walk away from her etc?

Does the pup have free run of the house or do you crate her throughout the day?

Where does she sleep?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >