Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rossbailey
New Member!
Male 

13-01-2011, 12:25 PM

2 dogue de bordeaux puppies

have 2 bordeaux pups from same litter, 1 of each sex they now 13 weeks have recently been told that having 2 is a big problem, i love them 2 bits and are pretty much well behaved and learning to sit, down, and come at the mo, and doing pretty well, they play fight at the mo not alot though, have only just been able to take them out on walks after there jabs and they walk fine (for saying they only been out twice,they also booked into puppy classes at the end of the month both me and my wife will be taking them. what would the advice be on bringing my 2 beautiful puppies up to be upstanding members of the doggie community and what are my chances cos im a little worried now
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 12:30 PM
I would do loads of work with each pup on its own.

Make sure they have a chance to develop their own personality's and become individual dogs (so often litter mates can become shadows of each other).

I would (if possible) take them to different training classes and do separate walks with each of them as well.

I think the biggest Trap people fall into with Litter mates, is allowing them too much time together.

2 years of really training and working with them, finding a decent class, and putting the time in with each pup individually.

I don't envy you! Have fun
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 12:38 PM
same as above.. do as much work with them individually so they tend to listen to you more, if theyre left too much together they will listen to each other rather than you and this is where your problems can begin.

also, just thinking with having a girl and a boy, you are going to have to be careful when the girl comes in season, as you most definately do not want them breeding!!
rossbailey
New Member!
Male 

13-01-2011, 12:49 PM
thanks for the advice looks like will have my work cut out lol, but will be worth it the bitch is being spayed when old enough, the dog we dont know yet cause he potental show dog but will see
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by rossbailey View Post
thanks for the advice looks like will have my work cut out lol, but will be worth it the bitch is being spayed when old enough, the dog we dont know yet cause he potental show dog but will see
well i wish you luck you may need it
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 12:58 PM
I can only echo the advice above - plenty of time spent individually with each pup and away from the other. They'll both need to learn independance from each other. If you work really hard it can work out, don't let people get you down
Snoringbear
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by rossbailey View Post
Personally, I wouldn't want to neuter a DDB before 2 years old. You can show neutered dogs, although it's a fault in males.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Snoringbear View Post
Personally, I wouldn't want to neuter a DDB before 2 years old. You can show neutered dogs, although it's a fault in males.
No it isnt. Its no more a "fault" than a spayed bitch and both are equally acceptable. The only "issue" may be is that you KNOW a male has been neutered just by looking. I thought you said you judged?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Good luck!

Same advice as Tassle I'm afraid DdB's are gorgeous though - thats the only bit I envy
Snoringbear
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
No it isnt. Its no more a "fault" than a spayed bitch and both are equally acceptable. The only "issue" may be is that you KNOW a male has been neutered just by looking. I thought you said you judged?
From the standard "The male should have two apparently normal testicles fully descended into the scrotum". No mention of female reproductive system. Hypothetically, two identical dogs one intact and one neutered,the intact dog would get placed above it. You can take it up with the breed club and their seminar speakers if you disagree.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >