Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-09-2010, 05:49 PM

Goat put down after horns ripped out

A goat had to be put down after his horns were ripped out in a "barbaric" attack, the RSPCA said today.

Sidney, a 19-year-old black pygmy goat, was found dripping in blood after he had his horns pulled out, one leg broken in two places and another dislocated.

The hunt is on to find the people behind the "senseless" act, a spokesman said.

Sidney was attacked at Tennyson Horse and Pony Sanctuary in Middleton, Greater Manchester, between 8pm on Thursday August 26 and noon the following day.

He had to be put to sleep by a vet because his injuries were so horrific.

His devastated owner John Starkey, who runs the sanctuary, said the goat was like a member of his family and had lived there for a decade.

He said: "He was so friendly with people he knew, but he probably would have run away from strangers.

"We can't believe anyone would carry out such a barbaric act. Lots of people who live around here used to come and feed Sid and will be very upset to hear what has happened to him."

RSPCA inspector Caroline Hall said it was one of the worst cases of animal cruelty she had ever seen.

"It was dreadful - Sidney had two huge caverns in his head where his horns had been ripped out and he was dripping in blood.

"A vet examined Sidney, and because he was so badly injured it was kindest to end his suffering and put him to sleep."

A fence was damaged, but no other animals were harmed and nothing appears to have been stolen during the incident, she said.

"Those responsible for this dreadful attack would probably have gone home muddy and covered in blood. If you have any information at all about this incident, then please get in touch as soon as possible."

Anyone with information should contact the RSPCA in confidence on 0300 1234 999 and leave a message for RSPCA inspector Caroline Hall.

CLICKY HERE
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2010, 05:52 PM
What the hell?!!! Sick evil ********! I can't believe how someone could do something so cruel.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2010, 05:54 PM
oh my - The attacks on animals, get more barbaric and sick as the days go by!
Petra
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-09-2010, 06:01 PM
What the f*** is wrong with people.

Rest in peace, Sidney. No more evil now x
loobey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-09-2010, 06:08 PM
that is truly awful what is the matter with people? i just don't understand the mentality of these morons
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-09-2010, 06:34 PM
this is horrific poor lil man rip sydny hope the people resposable have theyre arms ripped off sick minded lil bstards
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2010, 07:16 PM
That is just too horrific for words Poor Sidney. Some people really make me want to commit murder!
SaveThePits!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Wow, why would ANYone just go randomly attack an innocent goat who didn't do anything to them?
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Words fail me......

R.I.P. Sidney
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-09-2010, 06:23 AM
Good grief evil and sick.

How may were there must of been a few I wouldn't think it was easy too pull an animal that is meant too have horns too pull them out.

It is so hard too imagine that anyone is capable of doing such awful things. But they are obviously.

I hope they find them.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >