Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 01:26 PM

Cant win

Just a vent really. I have recently adopted a GSD called Jazz and previous owners said she sometimes chases other dogs
Well she does and 5/10 does a gentle nip like playing on there bum then runs away. But its only dogs that are running and only does it once. I walk with many friends so are lucky been able to have stooge dogs. She doesnt hurt them more of a shock.

BUT she nipped a lurcher and left a puncture the other day so is now muzzled every time as I know if someone elses dog did that to my dog would be fuming.

So she is now muzzled with a baskerville one and 98% she coming back on recall and getting her whistle trained so comes back on whistle.

BUT went out yesterday and she was perfectly behaved not a thing wrong but had 4 people say snidey comments about her as she had a muzzle on just peed me right of.One guy said "if she comes near my kids will f***ing kick her " was like she not vicious with people at all just over playful and I will kick you if you try and I can assure you the mood I was in I meant it.

Any tips welcome as well
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 04:33 PM
For some reason since we stopped using Jobie's box muzzle and used a wire racing muzzle instead people don't really care.. they're just interested in why the muzzle looks funny don't know if they'd fit a GSD though.. apart from that or a nice sparkly pink collar or something i dunno, maybe you should just kick them
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 04:36 PM
I hate it when people say stuff like that to people who are being responsible.

Just ignore them. You should turn round and say "if your kids come anywhere near me or my dog I'll f'in kick them" and see how they like the abuse...
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 04:39 PM
If people are that narrow-minded that they judge, the minute they see a muzzle, then I can't see any point in giving them the time of day! There will always be people that like to think the worst, so let them get on with it, I'd say........................You are just being responsible. It's their problem, not yours
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Develop a thicker skin. Your dog is so much more important than the opinion of an ignorant twonk whose only contribution to the world is to breed.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 05:12 PM
I know but there was loads ofthem over last few days not just this one idiot.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 05:21 PM
I had to muzzle Daisy for a long time. You get used to it. Frequent use of the middle digit is useful.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I had to muzzle Daisy for a long time. You get used to it. Frequent use of the middle digit is useful.
Haha, that made me laugh
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 05:38 PM
There are more dogs muzzled because they eat the wrong things than for any other reason so I would just stick with that story
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Never thought of that one
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >