Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tilly485
New Member!
Female 

07-05-2009, 03:49 PM

Are these the signs of early labour?

i've read the book but it is still nice to hear of everyones experiences, it makes you feel as though you are not alone. my big girl is due to give birth in the next 7 days, i'm already on the settee ha ha. she's not really eaten any extra through her pregnacy, if anything she's gone off food, so i am trying to tempt her with tripe, her favourite...
she's been to the vets today and when we got home she lost a dark browny like sludge (about the size of a thumb nail)and she's just slept most of the day, the pups are really active, can anyone help as to what is going on, is she in early stages of labour?
i'd appreciate all your help.
thanks
jazzydoodle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Hi, my bitch whelped at 61 days, I remember the last week or so feeling like you do, not knowing what the signs were or what to expect.
When it was actually whelping day I knew, Have you been taking her temp, I found this reliable and she became restless the morning before she had them, still ate her food but refused her favourite, chicken breast at about 5pm, she lost lots of mucous when she went for a wee, then about 6.15pm she shot into her whelping box and started yelping, before I knew it the first one was born!

Good luck, it is a real exciting time
tilly485
New Member!
Female 

10-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by jazzydoodle View Post
Hi, my bitch whelped at 61 days, I remember the last week or so feeling like you do, not knowing what the signs were or what to expect.
When it was actually whelping day I knew, Have you been taking her temp, I found this reliable and she became restless the morning before she had them, still ate her food but refused her favourite, chicken breast at about 5pm, she lost lots of mucous when she went for a wee, then about 6.15pm she shot into her whelping box and started yelping, before I knew it the first one was born!

Good luck, it is a real exciting time
hello,
thanks for your comments, yes i have been taking her temperature twice a day now and last night when i took it, it was at 36.6 & then this morning it was at 37.1. so we have been waiting all day, and still nothing. she's been doing somethings that are not like her, she's been living off rice pudding for a couple of days and now wont touch it. she's been panting a little tonight but not much. if nothing happens tonight, i'm going to the vets in the morning. fingers crossed the little ones will be here. thanks again
jazzydoodle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Hi Fingers crossed things will begin to happen for you tonight - I bet you wont sleep a wink!

Sounds a good idea to take her to your vets tomorrow, get her checked over if you are concerned.

Good luck, keep us informed, what breed is she?
tilly485
New Member!
Female 

10-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by jazzydoodle View Post
Hi Fingers crossed things will begin to happen for you tonight - I bet you wont sleep a wink!

Sounds a good idea to take her to your vets tomorrow, get her checked over if you are concerned.

Good luck, keep us informed, what breed is she?
hello,
she's a boxer, she's a really big girl never seen another female boxer as big as her, but she has had the best of the best since birth, sardines once a week, srammbled eggs, tuna & pasta, salmon etc. all my children have left home now i just treat her like one of my girls, only difference is my girls aren't allowed to sleep in my bed, she is and i have to fight her for the quilt most nights, the best one is when i go to the loo in the middle of the night and when i return she's nicked my placed ha ha. she's a clever little so and so, but i wouldn't have her any other way. SHE'S MY BABY....