Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
Lovely video she looks so happy and healthy, fantastic talking ears too
Yeah my youngest son says she is 95% ears 5% dog.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-12-2013, 07:43 AM
It is lovely to see dogs playing together I do wish I had a dog that played.

I know what you mean about shar peis - I'm pretty sure it would be about not seeing the eyes. My one reacts really badly to black dogs and as far as I know it's a common problem with dogs.

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Cyprus Poodle. I've been to Malta and to be honest they look the same as all the little white dogs there do.

Thing that amazes me about the dogs when they 'fight' like this is there's no growling, no barking (and Bella loves to bark) they do it all silently! And their tails (long and short) are wagging all the time. And they always do this 'nipping all round one another's mouths'.

I'm always glad I've got a dog that likes and gets on with other dogs - they have such a lot of fun. And see every new dog as a 'potential doggy friend' even if it doesn't always turn out that way.

Strange thing happened yesterday. Someone with a shar pei was approaching towards us. Her dog looked relaxed and Bella was too and wagging her tail expectantly. But when we got close enough for Bella to see it properly she went nuts! She acted really upset and rearing up and barking all agitated and the only thing I could think of was that you couldn't see this dog's EYES at all. It was so wrinkly you just couldn't see them. Didn't look very old either.

I wondered if that phased Bella out a bit?

I mean there are two other bigger shar peis that are walked round here and one is very unfriendly and EVERYONE avoids them (well in fact their owner now does an about turn quickly if he sees any other dogs anywhere at all so obviously knows one of his dogs is the problem). But she obviously didn't think it was those - she knows who they are - same as she knows which GSD she doesn't like. She is perfectly OK with all other GSDs.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Go Bella! You feisty little beastie. Size should be no barrier when roughing up your pals! It has certainly never put Bandit off.

Great video, nice to see two dogs interacting freely.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Could listen to Lucia talking all day,she sounds lovely
Great to see the doglets having fun
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Could listen to Lucia talking all day,she sounds lovely
Great to see the doglets having fun
Lucia is home with a VERY red face now. I said hey Lucia wanna see that little vid I made? Down she sat and I played it (she had her head in her hands wailing lol!) I just wander round now muttering 'every day, every day, 7 o'clock, 7 o'clock' lol!) I've told her she's famous now on Bface!

*she is lovely and so's her dog. And so is her old man actually (he's taking me to the airport on Sunday) and she is Danny's mum - the Danny who is my lovely next door bestest tenant - the one that bought me the snowstorm ornament.

**sadly we can't show the vid to Roger the dogsitter because it's HIM she is moaning about lol!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Tang, that's a really lovely video. You can see the tails wagging, the 'play bows' and it's great that Bella can have a play like that, it's exercise as well. I would not worry at all about her always getting on the sofa, if the other dog wanted her off it he would get up there too and shove her off

One of the reasons we got Rianna was in the expectation that she and Baruska would play like that, but it never happened. That was a big disappointment to me, and now that Baruska is dead poor Rianna only has me to play with and I'm too old to really play with her 'tho I do try when I can
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Tang, that's a really lovely video. You can see the tails wagging, the 'play bows' and it's great that Bella can have a play like that, it's exercise as well. I would not worry at all about her always getting on the sofa, if the other dog wanted her off it he would get up there too and shove her off

One of the reasons we got Rianna was in the expectation that she and Baruska would play like that, but it never happened. That was a big disappointment to me, and now that Baruska is dead poor Rianna only has me to play with and I'm too old to really play with her 'tho I do try when I can
I understand Losos. And I see it the same as when your kids are very little. You can do your level best to be fun and play with them but nothing compares with another little kiddy to play with even if they just sit blowing raspberries at each other or splashing each other. I think adults always try to 'teach kids something' at the same time they play. And we tend to do the same with our dogs!

As you can see when they are with another dog - it doesn't compare to us playing with them but, who knows, maybe they are still 'learning' something from that too!

*I think what Mara learned was that there was no way she was getting control of that sofa while Bella was in her flat lol! Mara has always been able to 'pull Bella down' she gets one front leg round her neck. But chooses not to these days, both of them seeming to prefer the play rather than the 'competition'.

In the other, older, video - again it was Bella visiting Orestes in his flat. But they were both puppies still really - about a year old both of them. So both on the sofa the whole time! They wouldn't have been able to reach each other if one had been on the floor!
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-12-2013, 10:00 PM
That's fabulous, I could watch Bella's ears forever
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Cath View Post
That's fabulous, I could watch Bella's ears forever
It's her little tail that plucks at the old heart strings Such a lovely video