View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Aww Jen hugs to both you and Scooby, I've never been in the position of do I or don't I tbh, it's always been pretty cut and dried. Glad he's feeling a bit better, have a cuddle and catch up on some sleep x.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Thank you all so much. Your support means a lot to me.

He's still very drowsy and is clinging to me. I have managed to get him to settle in the back of the car as it's where he seems comfortable. He came round from the sedative at 6ish this morning but has not really woken up completely. I brought him home because he will be happier with me than at the vets and I can get back there in 10 minutes if needs be. The team there are fantastic and have been so kind. I couldn't ask for a better vets.

He is eating for England but isn't pacing too much. He just looks so old and worried. I'm spending most of my time sitting with him, talking to him and trying to keep him relaxed.

He's shown no signs of having another fit.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Reasonably good update then considering Jen. Good luck to you both.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2013, 07:34 PM
I am nearly in tears ..........my heart goes out to you both, and if sheer love and devotion is enough to give a dog a new lease of life, then Scooby will bounce back as good as new.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Poor Scooby Jen I'm sorry Its good he's back home with you..bless him wanting to be in the car.Huge (( hugs)) to you both,sure you're exhausted We're all here for you
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 07:27 AM
Lots of love coming your way. Xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 08:46 AM
Hope things are either looking up or at least unchanged today Jen xx
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Thank you everyone. He is home with me now. A bit dopey but seems ok. I'll update more later.
Hi

I hope yourboy has rallied,but from what you say,he isnt ready to go,and surely as long as he is enjoying life,let him we may have lots of dogs,but only one will ever own your heart,and it is always that dog the one that will be difficult to let go,I often imagine,that a dog will find its voice and tell you that they are ready and you can then make the hardest decision knowing it is right,but that is just a dream,and you have to find the extra love and strength for him and you,but you will know,they give you a look,but he is not there yet.Will send you positive vibes and lots of hugs and keeping everything crossed that he will still be with you in 2014.Gemini54
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 09:43 AM
He's much brighter this morning. Following me about the house and bothering me for his breakfast. He's settling when I stop and showing no signs of strange behaviour except being a bit nervy of the youngsters running around. I think his all day sleep yesterday has helped.

I have a hispit appointment this morning that I was going to take them all to and then go somewhere different for a walk but I'll just take Scooby now in case anything goes wrong.

Today though is looking up. Thank you all again for your words of support. He's a fighter but I believe he will let me know when enough is enough and right this moment he's telling us to keep going.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Thats better news.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >