View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Irish Setter Mu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Met hubby in November 1994, got engaged February 1995 and married in Antigua in June 1996.

We met in a pub where I was working evenings at the time.

Hubby has been married before and his first wife was called Karen (same as me!) but that is where the similarities end
jossrocker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-11-2008, 02:42 PM
me and Wayne met on a scooter rally, as we're both into scooters!! haha! obviously! been together 3 years and we too are planning an elvis wedding as we are 'rockabillys'! moneys always tight though, its not fair!!!!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Met my Husband when I was 8 and he was 12!!!! He was my Brother's best mate.

We were just friends. I got married and he had a long-term Partner that he lived with. Both of our relationships ended around the same time and we kind of "bumped" into each other in a Wine Bar. He phoned and my Brother, Wife, OH and me used to go out for meals, etc. together. Then, one day, we met at my Brother's house without knowing the other was there and it was like a scene out of a love film, running at each other with beaming smiles and kisses .....................17 years later, 2 Daughters, 1 son and 6 Chihuahuas
Gillbo64
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-11-2008, 04:05 PM
I met my OH ("D") through my space! We had both recently split from our former partners but were one of those "random friends" you tend to have on these sites, just sending the odd have a nice weekend comment nothing more. Suddenly one day I got a message from my D's ex accusing us of having an affair!!! (D happened to be in a conference in Nottingham that weekend!) Well I sent a message asking D to "sort your g/f out! (I didn't realise they'd actually split up 4 months earlier!!) ... Well, we got talking (D was very appologetic & embarassed!), and we got on great so swapped e-mail addresses, then phone numbers. Over the next few weeks we chatted loads & when we met a month later it was like we'd known each other all our lives!

We're getting engaged at Christmas ... do you think we should invite D's ex to the wedding to say thank-you?? lol!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Someone else has said here about things happening for a reason. Well I had been a single mum for 15 years. My first marriage failed miserably. He could not exept that Carl had special needs and thought he would 'grow out of it'
I had had a few relationships but nothing serious. I met a woman through our dogs and became very close. We would go out together. We both used to go to the local pub (that's where we met)
Christmas was coming and I was busy with the lads. My Dad used to stay with me over Christmas but would go home day after Boxing day.
Babs, my mate said to me why don;t you come out New years eve with her and her partner. I didnt fancy it I have never celebrated New Year, because I have always been on my own.
Anyway I decided to go, Paul was big enough now to be left with Carl for a couple of hours.
Came to midnight and everybody starting kissing everyone else, you know what it's like. I stood there like a fool and then Babs grabbed me and said "Here you are kiss him" and plonked me in this guys arms.
12 months later we were married and Babs? Dont know where she is...weird or what.
Elaine xx

ps funny thing is he used to drink in the same pub. I would tend to go into the bar because they used to play guitars in there and he would go into the lounge so we never met until that night. Also we both grew up in the same town
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 04:19 PM
I met my OH online (on MSN dating site ). My friend (who is in CID) had tried online dating and suggested I give it a go.

Richard was the first person I contacted on the site (shameless hussy I know!) and we've been together ever since - just over 2 and a half years.

He used to live on the same street as me which is wierd. We probably wouldn't have met though if I'd not gone online because neither of us are ones for going to pubs etc.

He's 9 years older than me which worried my Gran a bit but he gets on brilliantly with my family and is the best thing to ever happen to me.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 04:21 PM
In a dog forum...(no not here!)
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-11-2008, 04:27 PM
I went to visit my twin sister in germany, she had married a soldier so they were stationed there. she had fixed me up on a blind date with her husbands best mate also a soldier. we met liked each other, it turned out he came from wigan, not that far away from where i live after i came home we wrote and phoned each other. we met up evertime he came home on leave. we got engaged after 8 months,and married after 14 months, we have 2 boys 1 grandson and have been married for 28 years.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 04:30 PM
I love the romance of it all *gushes*
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 04:32 PM
I first met my o/h whilst he was out on a date in a club with his girlfriend of two years, but I just knew he was the one for me, so I made it my mission to get him! I did, he dumped her, after our first date, and we were married within 3 months of even knowing each other! All my friends and his family gave us 3 weeks max, but we're still happy together after 26 years!!!!! I just KNEW ya see!!!
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »