Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Thank you everyone

Kate have pm'ed you

well just called the hospital and they are still waiting for the doctor to say yes i can have the LP, dunno what the damn problem is tbh, i need it, i have them regular and just cos my nuro is on holiday they are messing me around

dont know how much longer i can stay like this
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by KateM View Post
Please if you sight does start going wonky then insist on being taken in straight away - can't your GP refer you as an amergency transfer?

I was just thinking that. My eyes are damaged partly because of high intracranial pressure and changed in eyesight is one of the warning signs.

If you're feeling really poorly, don't let them fob you off hun, make sure you get the treatment you need.

Ripsnorter - what an awful shift. I really feel for you. The majority of nurses and doctors I had were brilliant and caring. Unfortunately the rubbish ones always seem to be the ones who are around when it's a crucial time. Sods law I suppose.

Hope you're ok Jackie x
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Sarah i have limited sight in my right eye anyway becos of the IBH but now both my eyes are playing up, like their is something floating infront of them
i told the woman on the phone abit ago and she said she can do nothing till the doctor gets backs to her

my GP is totally useless, called them yesterday twice and he dont know what to do

feel like smashing my head into small pieces at this time

really do not know where to turn to next to get help
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Aw hun I really feel for you. I know exactly how you feel. Are you drinking plenty of fluids?
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 10:38 AM
yes am drinking bottles and bottles of water but not eaten since sunday it hurts my head to eat

i would never leave my dog to suffer like this so how can they leave humans to suffer this way
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 10:41 AM
I have thought that quite a few times in my darker moments Jackie.

Could you try some soup maybe? Or some Ready Brek. Something you do't need to chew much. They used to give me yoghurt in hospital when I couldn't chew because my head hurt.

One good thing to come out of it was I stopped biting my nails, because it hurt to do that too.

I have to go now, but sending you more hugs xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Hugs Jackie - this situation is just dreadful. I feel for you, honey, I really do xx
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Thank you Sarah
tbh i dont really feel like eating at the moment, in too much pain
good that you stopped biting your nails hun

Thank you Vicki

Just rang PALS at the Walton centre and they are trying to get it sorted now for me, the lady is gonna call me back
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 11:41 AM
am sat here in tears

the soonest they can fit me in for a LP is the 28th august

i really cannot suffer that long
dunno what i am gonna do
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 11:48 AM
I have just sat here for half an hour reading through this thread. I have to say that the NHS is treating you in a dispicable manner.
How you have coped is beyond me. I feel so sorry for you and to top it off you have to wait till the end of August? How the hell do they think you will cope until then? And as you say if you went through A&E again you would only spend the time on the same ward.
Phone your MP love, they love to get their teeth into things like this (votes dear)
I did a similar thing (although nowwhere near as dangerous as you) I got on to MP and it was sorted within 24 hours. Please Please Please ring your MP
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >