View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Update on Bob2 , Losos your plan worked hun, she came out after me and Sherie sitting freezing for at least an hour , so Midget as she is called is safe and sound and i even managed to get my hand under a hole in the shed and get the little baldy babies all 5 of them ,So they are all safe in the warm again .
Now i just need to think of a plan to get Bob 1 under the shed , thanks for all your kind replies ,xxdk
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
I'm meant a BIG cat, like a lion or tiger.
I know what you meant by the way xxdk
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
OMG, I must be the only one who classes them as vermin, we had a problem with rats in the summer, called the pest control out to get rid of them, they put safe containers down with poison in, came back each week to See if they had taken the bate....and they had..........and good riddance to them too.

When I used to keep my horses at a friend's livery yard, many yrs ago, as you can imagine they where a big problem........god I hate those things........I used to make such a racket when I went into the feed or tack room....as you could guarantee there would be one just waiting to jump out at me.....

He (my friend) had a ESP who was the best ratter you could have, I used to send her up tot he tack room first, to root em out.

DK is that the actual rat, or is that a tame one, it looks like it has been set up to have its photo taken

Not a fan of rats, I know people love and keep tame ones, but YUk!!!!!!!! I would run a mile , even from a tame rat.
No its not the actual rat Jackie , i found this pic on photo bucket it looks very similar to it , It was just for preference to give an idea of what midget looked like xxdk
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Update on Bob2 , Losos your plan worked hun, she came out after me and Sherie sitting freezing for at least an hour , so Midget as she is called is safe and sound and i even managed to get my hand under a hole in the shed and get the little baldy babies all 5 of them ,So they are all safe in the warm again .
Now i just need to think of a plan to get Bob 1 under the shed , thanks for all your kind replies ,xxdk
Glad it worked for you. I've used it for all the mice we have around here. Had to adopt this method as Helena54 gave me a right telling off for using traps

If you could get a bowl big enough and substitute the peanut butter for a can of lager it might work for BOB 1 as well
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 09:00 PM
If i thought that would work id give it a go , P,M,S,L XXDK
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 09:46 PM
i'm rather worried for the babies - please tell the young lady that if she wants help raising and homing them to contact me - please, do give her my e-mail address or website address - the babies will need lots of very nourishing food - they could become quite ill if mum is not fed well and kept properly... *panic*

xx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 09:50 PM
She has been breeding and keeping rats for years apparenty , but i will give her your web addresss hun, Her we sister opened the cage ,and her cage was on the floor as she was cleaning them out is what she told me , But she has brought mum and babies indoors now she has had them xxdk
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 10:18 PM
there's breeding rats and there's multiplying rats I'm available if she wants some help.

xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2007, 06:33 PM
I know how you feel. We have them here ( these are wild definately) the council have put down bait, so imagin my shock when our foster son started shouting me with urgently, I ran down the stairs to him, only to find him trying to get something from the rabbit's cage/run, when I looked it was a very large dead rat, I think it had gone into the run and just died becuase it was pouring down with rain, guess who got soaked cleaning out the rabbit. but I did feel sorry for it poor thing
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3