Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 11:39 PM

I feel terrible

We recently rehomed our six year old Persian cat Casey. We bought him as a kitten at 12 weeks old from a breeder and it was clear from day one that he was an outdoor cat and a hunter, so we let him play out. Soon after he was joined by our other cat, and then we got out first dog. Casey didn't much like the other animals but tolerated them. Our dogs were never allowed to chase or upset the cats, but Casey never took to them and only came in the house for food. A couple of years ago he 'moved in' with a couple over the road. He still came back occasionally for dinner, but was happy with his new family I was responsible for his grooming and vet bills, and they were besotted with him. Recently I found out they were moving house, so I gave Casey to them officially, with his papers and belongings, so he could move with them. Moving day is about a week away now. Yesterday my neighbour told me she felt lumps on his neck. I had a feel and said I didn't know what they were and recommended my vet. They took him tonight, and the vet suspect it's Lymphoma He's always been such a strong sturdy cat. I feel so terrible, he's only been their's for a few weeks and he may not have much time left. He's having a biopsy tomorrow to confirm the diagnosis. I just feel so terrible. Poor little man. My neighbours are such lovely people and they are so devastated. I'm so upset. The vet says if the diagnosis is correct he won't have very long left, although he isn't in any pain. I just hope that it's something else that's not terminal for him.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 06:07 AM
Awww that's so sad, I've got everything crossed that it is something a lot less serious xx
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-06-2011, 06:31 AM
Poor Casey, and poor you and his new owners.

Fingers crossed it isn't as bad as first diagnosed. xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 06:32 AM
Im so sorry, hopefully it won't be so serious, and if it is at least he will be happy as things are with his new living arrangements for what time he has left xxxx fingers crossed for you all
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Oh Gill, what horrible news for all of you......

I'm hoping it's not what you all fear.....

x0x
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 06:57 AM
Oh no Hope it isn't as serious as you think.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Well he's had a lump removed and it's gone off for testing. Everything crossed now.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Well he's had a lump removed and it's gone off for testing. Everything crossed now.
We've got everything crossed here too xxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Fingers crossed here too.