View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 06:11 AM
Unbelievably, looking back on it now, we ran away together (we were both married to different people). We had known each other for a few years, but not romantically.

We've been together now for 22 years, and being with Baz is the best decision I ever made in my whole life. A true soul mate.....

So, my advice? If it feels right, then it very probably is!

x0x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 06:17 AM
We were together for 4 months when I moved in, been together for 3 1/2 years and married for nearly a year.

You just have to do what feels right, life is too short to miss out on anything
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-06-2011, 07:45 AM
I met my OH on holiday and spent the entire week together. I came home told the kids who were 16 and 24 about him and he came to stay the following weekend, they all got on really well and he didn't really leave after that, popped home for more and more of his stuff and once his house was sold he cancelled his proposed purchase of a flat and I haven't been able to get rid of him since and he's now been here 7 years now. The timing was appalling tbh he was finalising his divorce and had only been on his own for about 4 months after 22 years of marriage and I'd only split up with my Ex 3 months earlier after 27 years of marriage and hadn't even contemplated divorce let alone meeting someone new but when it's right person it's the right time.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 08:00 AM
I had known my hubby for 9 months when we got married ..... that was 43 years ago
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 08:02 AM
It was 11 months for us but we had decided we would do it after about 3 months. As others have said, it just felt right. We have been together 12 years, married 9 and have a 3 year old son.

Helen
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 10:08 AM
We got engaged 2 weeks after we met, but didn't move in for 3 months or so. We were both at uni and spending the night at either mine or his accomodation, and therefore paying out 2 lots of rent. We decided it would be easier (and cheaper re rent and fuel) to move in together, so we did!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 10:28 AM
4 months but we had been practically living together with his son and my children a month or so after we first met.
We actually upped sticks and moved into our own house after 4 months. It's our 27th wedding anniversary in August and they said it wouldn't last!!!
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-06-2011, 10:36 AM
2 and a half years together and not moved in yet. i think were both ready, but circumstances are getting in the way of it happening
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2011, 10:59 AM
We moved in together after two weeks, and have been married 17 years this year
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 11:01 AM
I moved in with OH after almost 2 years together. We met at college, had 7 months together, then he moved to Scotland because he got a job and I still had a year of college left!

I upped and moved once I had finished college, even though I'd only actually seen him 3 times since he moved.

We've now been together almost 5 years, living together for 3, although I did spend a while down south with my mum last year. Since living together we've moved twice, from the west to east of Scotland, then down to North Yorkshire where hopefully we'll stay for a few years!

It was absolutely the right thing to do for us, although I disappointed my Dad and Grandma because I decided to move out rather than do a degree!!

If it feels right, make the jump!
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »