Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 08:29 PM
http://www.benwhiteheadphotography.com/page12.htm

A photographer who is talented and quite cheap considering most other photographers (Says he mainly does midlands but I think he'd travel - he has a baby on the way so needs the money)

He has a gallery on there and I've just linked the price guide but if you're unsure he is friendly enough to ring up
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Just thought i'd post a little update and see how everyone else is getting on with their planning!

As well as having the venue and registrar booked I have now found my dress!

I went and tried on about 8 yesterday and had originally got my heart set on one that i saw on a website but it didn't look the same when I put it on and then ended up going with a fishtail style dress which before trying dresses on I was adamant i didn't want fishtail!

I also pretty much worked out which dresses i want for bridesmaid dresses as well which is good as if I can get them now I can colour co-ordinate everything else to match!

Off to the National Wedding Show in Birmingham early March so will be focussing on invites, cake, flowers and favours then. Also still need to sort a photographer but we're waiting for the suggested supplier list to come through from the venue as we reckon that will be a good starting point.

So how's everyone else getting on??
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Aw Esme I am so pleased its all coming together for you - your venue is absolutely stunning So pleased you picked your dress too - Is it all seeming real yet?
Now I wentto try dresses on and decided absolutely NO to any colourthrough it - Just plain white or Ivory. Butthe dress I have seen that was just lovely has a colour through it, very subtle but it is there!!

I went in determined I knew which back I wanted and they didnt do it in this dress butthe seamstress can sort hat for me. I am goingto try anothershop I have had recommended to me and see what hey have but I suspect I will be going for the one mentioned above!!

Venue is booked and photographer is booked, meals are chosen (we had to choose from several packages) and drinks package chosen, piper is booked, Stuart has chosen his Tartan for the kilts, I have chosen a reading I would like my dear friend to read. My bridesmaid has chosen the colour she wants (I gave her free rein) and still has to choose a style - will be based on what I choose) There are two huge wedding fairs near here the next 2 weekends so I hope to sort transport and flowers at them.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Aw Esme I am so pleased its all coming together for you - your venue is absolutely stunning So pleased you picked your dress too - Is it all seeming real yet?
Now I wentto try dresses on and decided absolutely NO to any colourthrough it - Just plain white or Ivory. Butthe dress I have seen that was just lovely has a colour through it, very subtle but it is there!!

I went in determined I knew which back I wanted and they didnt do it in this dress butthe seamstress can sort hat for me. I am goingto try anothershop I have had recommended to me and see what hey have but I suspect I will be going for the one mentioned above!!

Venue is booked and photographer is booked, meals are chosen (we had to choose from several packages) and drinks package chosen, piper is booked, Stuart has chosen his Tartan for the kilts, I have chosen a reading I would like my dear friend to read. My bridesmaid has chosen the colour she wants (I gave her free rein) and still has to choose a style - will be based on what I choose) There are two huge wedding fairs near here the next 2 weekends so I hope to sort transport and flowers at them.
Having picked the dress on saturday definitely made it feel more real and definitely more exciting. It's giving me the motivation I need to sort other stuff which is good.

Sounds like you're planning is coming along nicely as well! Photographer is next on my list as that's a pretty important thing! I'm hoping to get my bridesmaid dresses sorted soon as well as once i have those i can colour match for invites and stuff like that.

You're venue is gorgeous as well, you will get some beautiful photographs there!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Eeeeeeeeeeeeep can I join in now?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
????? come on Kel, spill the beans, what have you got to tell us?????
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Of course!! The more the merrier!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Do you have something to tell us?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 04:08 PM
We are getting married next July, it's really early days yet but I have a few ideas.

We have booked the church which is the church we go to, so we will probs get a decent discount on that, not gonna go all out on flowers, the church has vases and stuff and will just put some tea lights round the windowsills and such.

I am going for a vinatge theme and the colour red, i'm gonna ask my mates b/f to drive me in his VW camper, hopefully he still has it, I haven't spoke to her in a while but her sister is one of my bridesmaids so hopefully that will be doable, otherwise I will go in her old type beetle.

Too early for dresses as i'm looking to loose a bit of weight first but will probably get one of these 'shop soiled' or whatever at a discount sale, I found this one for e.g.
http://www.theweddingsale.com/?gclid...FQsTfAodHhEucA

akita girl - I love Ian Stuart dresses, I have been looking obviously and they are lush, what size are you you can sell me it after yours

For our 'aftershow' as one of my bridesmaids termed it we are going to his home town, which is a seaside town, so we will get some good pics on the beach hopefully and the reception venue is yet to be decided but the average prices round there are not too bad as it's not a particularly popular place to stay.

My big thing is the photographer, I would like more than the bog standard shots and would prefer to spend the money on a decent photographer than other things, but have thought about just getting a disk and printing them myself rather than a package with prints and albums as that's cheaper too.

I like the horseshoe idea I have actually written that in my scrap book!

Akita girl - those flowers are lush and would go sooo well with my 'vintage' theme!

My good friend is also a make up/beauty artist, so that's sorted and she also makes AWESOME bespoke wedding cakes, so that's that sorted too! AND she also does handmade cards so she will probably do the invites too, although i'm quite thinking i'd like to do them, perhaps she can do a few and show me, I don't know yet but i'm seeing her next week.

My fiance is a guitarist in a really good band, so they are going to play and I play a bit too, as does one of my bridesmaids, so we are going to get up and do something and my fiances dad is also a really good guitarist so he's gonna do some stuff, music sorted for free AND extra fun!

And only the elite for the wedding breakfast, close family and friends and then everyone for the night do and knees up.

Soooooooooo exciting!
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7