Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tailwagger
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-05-2007, 09:49 PM

Protecting a cut from being scratched?

Neb has come by a cut just under his right eye. I noticed it after one of his walks a couple of days ago when he was scratching it with his hind leg. It's only a small one but as it starts to dry up he'll scratch it again and make it bleed. Today I bought a "funnel" collar and fitted that. He took to it quite quickly but this evening he has discovered that if he lies down and curls up in a certain way he can reach his hind leg around the collar and still scratch the cut. I've tightened the collar up as much as I can. I don't think it's possible to bandage it up due to its location. Does anyone have any sugestions on what to try next please. Obviously if he keeps opening the cut it's never going to heal.
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Just a thought, if the collar isn't working, and he's only scratching at it because it dries up, then what about a light smear of vaseline? I know if used on us (humans) it can clear a scab/scratch up in no time and it stops it from being itchy. I used it on my dogs leg when she had a cut and within days it had healed nicely.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2007, 10:40 PM
i use sudo cream as it takes the itchy feeling away try that hun its great