Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2007, 05:06 PM
[quote=Willow;926411

There are nice police officers out there [/quote]

Yes there are - I met two today - they were asking would Malamutes be any good as Police dogs LOL
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2007, 08:55 PM
what avile day ,the lady SHOULD NOT have hit your dog she has no rights ,stupid fool .never mind to,morrow will be better ,i didnt think the police called tell you to castrate your dog
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
Sorry you had such a bad walk

Please done tar all the police officers like that though I met some police officers out for a walk yesterday afternoon at the local park (never seen the fuzz there before) and they approached me and asked some questions about my flattie, they only asked though as the male officer thought he was a setter cross and used to have one, he was all over him giving him hugs and loads of fuss, the lady officer was giving my golden a big fuss and they both were full of compliments on how well behaved they were. I apologised for all the hair and mud the golden left on the female officer, but she didnt care a jot and they were just interested in giving both of them a fuss.

There are nice police officers out there
There are,,,in fact when one of mine had 'issues' with those bright yellow coats they sometimes wear..they were only to happy to get him in a sit and feed him treats to encourage a positive association (and it worked)...not all bad, no group of people are.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-02-2007, 09:45 PM
As Willow and others have said, we should respect the Police (Sometimes they get thier priorities wrong but that's often a management error, not the fault of the Bobby on the beat) As I said in post 27 I felt sad for the family of the Police woman shot dead while investigating a robbery.

Tee said "The police always have some stupid question or comment to make,"

I've always taken the view that the only 'stupid' question is the one you don't ask. How else do you obtain information? by mental telepathy perhaps?

Some people might think this some kind of 'invasion of privacy' - it is no such thing. If they had lived and worked in all the countries I have they would likely find themselves bruised, beaten, and behind bars if they refuse to answer Police questions.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Yep just what I was thinking, bet the Police man had no idea wabout dogs just wanted to soung BIG! For the woman, so stupid if her dog was in or about to come into season as its hard enough keeping dogs away from the gate here when mine in season would not think of taking her out!! Peter takes her out late at night when no other dogs around when she is desperate for a walk and then keeps well away from dogs in the distance, whats going on in this coountry grrrr
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2007, 10:45 PM
what right did the copper have telling to to castrate him and he called him over in the 1st place if he didnt want a fuss he shud have kept he nose out
ATD xxx
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 01:16 AM
I've always taken the view that the only 'stupid' question is the one you don't ask. How else do you obtain information? by mental telepathy perhaps?

Some people might think this some kind of 'invasion of privacy' - it is no such thing. If they had lived and worked in all the countries I have they would likely find themselves bruised, beaten, and behind bars if they refuse to answer Police questions.
I completely agree. Here, if the police tell you to do something, you do it, no matter how stupid you think it is. Its nothing for them to confiscate your property, put you in jail, or in some cases, beat or rape you.

Bless the luck that that isn't acceptable in your country.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Yes Rachael,
In the UK many people have absolutely no idea what 'methods' the Police in the rest of the world use.
Where I am, today, the Police are maybe not as bad as where you are, but they don't treat fools kindly. Twenty years ago it was a lot worse.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by petebren View Post
Yep just what I was thinking, bet the Police man had no idea wabout dogs just wanted to soung BIG!
Maybe he was a dog owner and it was just some friendly advice or a suggestion - witnessing at a distance a dog not inclined to recall chasing a bitch ......
scrivomcdivo
New Member!
Male 

22-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Surely the copper was giving you friendly advice? If he wished to be funny, he could have arrested you (if he had the reasons to) for possessing an illegal dog and seized your dog.

Maybe just reading a bit too much into what he said?
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >