Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I hope you are joking Tee if not that is the sort of smart answer that gives a bad image to all dog owners.

I am sorry you had a bad day Teenytiny look at it this way, the Police Officers met one sweet and friendly Staffy cross that could help them to form a good opinion about Staffy crosses in general I bet they were joking about the cleaning bill
I'm not joking for one second. The police always have some stupid question or comment to make, doesn't matter if you're a dog owner or motorist. I'm not the type of person to keep quiet just because they are the police.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your walk - sounds awful - I hate days like that. I hope your next walk is a really good one
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 04:10 PM
What would you rather do hand him in or get him castrated, may be this is the way things are gonna go for what is precieved to be a dangerous dog...the police had no right to tell you what to do but it sounds like a hint for the future... I hate days like that, never mind tomorrows another day which is now today duh ! hope its better for you.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Poor you

Please be careful with the police at the moment though, my advice would be not to argue with them, sadly the law is such that if they wanted to they could have confiscated your dog on the ground s/he was a pit type Remember pit types don't even have to have Pitbull in them
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Agree with Anne, i get stopped by police on a regular basis as they tend not to know what breed Diesel is, i get very annoyed but i always try to stay calm and give them the information they are obviously lacking, dont give them the satisfaction, you dont have to be guilty of anything these days, if you dont look or sound right (or your dog doesnt) thats enough for them to take things further.

Hope todays walk was much nicer for you xx
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-02-2007, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
I'm not joking for one second. The police always have some stupid question or comment to make, doesn't matter if you're a dog owner or motorist. I'm not the type of person to keep quiet just because they are the police.
Good for you! Being Police officers certainly does not entitle them to be a smart ass! Shame tact and diplomacy isnt taught to them anymore.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-02-2007, 08:32 AM
It's an even bigger shame that the person who IMHO is directly responsible for the Liverpool girls death has still not been prosecuted (And likely never will be)

But law abiding people who happen to have a dog which happens to look like a banned breed who just happen to walk past a police officer can suddenly wonder if they are going to be allowed to keep their pet.

I think one should always but always be calm and polite in all dealings with the Police (Remember the young officer who was shot to death responding to a burglary call in IIRC Bradford) but it does look like they are taking the easy way out over this dangerous dogs situation.
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-02-2007, 11:15 AM
If this happened to me I would make a complaint to the police station, This is not acceptable behavior, You were not breaking the law, and they called him over. under what grounds are they telling you he should be castrated?? It doesnt make any sense to me. If I were you I really would put in a complaint, these people are supposed to inforce the law,not spend their time making stupid comments to innocent people.
stephenkeane
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Just like the police to make broad sweeping coments
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Sorry you had such a bad walk

Please done tar all the police officers like that though I met some police officers out for a walk yesterday afternoon at the local park (never seen the fuzz there before) and they approached me and asked some questions about my flattie, they only asked though as the male officer thought he was a setter cross and used to have one, he was all over him giving him hugs and loads of fuss, the lady officer was giving my golden a big fuss and they both were full of compliments on how well behaved they were. I apologised for all the hair and mud the golden left on the female officer, but she didnt care a jot and they were just interested in giving both of them a fuss.

There are nice police officers out there
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >