View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2012, 09:52 PM
I've always had a natural dislike for foods "bad" for cholesterol and as such they have never featured in my diet. I have always eaten healthily, been of a healthy weight etc etc.

I had a fasting blood test last year after reading about FH; my Dad had a heart attack and triple bypass in his early 50s and his sister has very high cholesterol (I think it's around 8 or 9). I can't remember the numbers offhand but my results were high enough to be called back into the doctors, although not alarmingly high. Given my diet and lifestyle from childhood (avoidance of fatty foods/dairy) I suspect my cholesterol would actually be very high, only I've effectively been managing it without realising it.

It's something I am now very aware of.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2012, 05:52 AM
I have just had a letter to have mine redone.........bet thats going to be a shocker

Pat just had his done again with his Diabetic ones, his was 2.7 this time and his Diabetic ones were 6.1.........god knows why his is so low
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2012, 07:09 AM
A friend with raised cholesterol levels was advised by her doctor to have a bowl of porridge for breakfast every morning.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3