Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
I do a refrigerator cake with choc(lots) crushed biscuits, syrup , butter, mixed fruit choc chips/marshmallows in fact any thing I fancy cant remember getting choc crunchie when I was at school late 50s early 60s but can remember the pink custartd but we always had it with choc sponge and the cost for a shool dinner 1s 0d or 5p(todays money)
I can't remember having choc crunch at school either but I do remember pink custard and I think dinners were cheaper than a shilling when I had them

Jeanette what are the quantities for your refridgerator cake? I was thinking of making this the other day but couldn't find a recipe.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
A friend of mine introduced me to a "Mars"crunch

Melt two Mars Bars in a Bain Marie, add a couple of good tablespoons of golden syrup, hand full of chopped nuts, diced dates(last two optional)

Then add rice krispies until all the mix is used up. Put onto a baking tray & level out. Then melt a large bar of milk chocolate in a Bain Marie & more over the baking tray. allow to cool but not fully set & then cut up into whatever size you want & allow to cool totally, remove from baking tray & put into an airtight box.

You can use a microwave to melt the Mars Bars & chocolate.

You can also add mini marshmallows, chocolate chips in fact any thing you like
That sounds nice, must give it a try!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2