View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-06-2007, 07:23 AM
Have you done a search for gebya.dll This is the driver file for a nasty bit of software called Virtumonde and is hard to get rid of. See link below

Spyware.net

You can have all the firewalls you want but if you let it in passed the firewall then your taking the protection the firewall gives you away.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Just did a housecall scan, found something called

BHOT_IEHELPER
BHOT_IEHELPER is installed by Adaware (an application used to help prevent spyware and such like.)

I believe it uses it to check for malicious active-x activity. However, some other systems, such as Trend Microsystems and older versions of Spy Sweeper detect is as a malicious object. Even though it is not.

I would be more inclined to believe that you have either a rogue BHO (Browser Helper Object). These get installed into Internet Explorer and can do all sorts of nasty things. Or, you have a virus-type program running. I personally don't rate the Avast anti-virus application and I certainly wouldn't trust it to pick new viruses up on my computer.

To test if it's a rogue BHO, you can use BHODemon from http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/bhod/ to list which BHOs you have installed. Just copy the list to here when you have it and I'll take a look. My money is on a BHO at the moment.

You need only list the dll name entries, not the CLSID data.

P.S. Most of these things could be prevented if people stopped using Internet Explorer. It's just fundamentally unsafe as a web browser. Firefox is free and as safe as houses.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
P.S. Most of these things could be prevented if people stopped using Internet Explorer. It's just fundamentally unsafe as a web browser. Firefox is free and as safe as houses.
Totally agree with you re IE, but...Deb is using Firefox
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Totally agree with you re IE, but...Deb is using Firefox
Ooops yes. Though that doesn't always mean that IE isn't used at all. Being as MS love to make it the default browser for applications using browsers to open links, etc.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Ooops yes. Though that doesn't always mean that IE isn't used at all. Being as MS love to make it the default browser for applications using browsers to open links, etc.
you can have any amount of different browsers, i have netscape, firefox, and IE. but my default one is netscape, and netscape-mail. click on "start" , click on "set program access defaults" and make your choice which ones you want to default to. i never use IE, i's dreadfull, firefox is ok, but i much prefer netscape. s'pose i've got so used to it over the years.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 05:58 PM
I know what you mean As soon as I installed Firefox I set it as the default so IE has been sat `gathering dust` on my pc which is where it can stay as far as I`m concerned
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
I know what you mean As soon as I installed Firefox I set it as the default so IE has been sat `gathering dust` on my pc which is where it can stay as far as I`m concerned
i've just went onto HP site to download the latest driver update for my printer, guess what, it won't dowload through netscape, i got the message "please use IE for downloads", do you think GATES has infiltrated into HP as well ??
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3