Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Fed
pm me the address or the img what you have on photo bucket i will look at it for you ok
Fred, I knew that wasn't an option as my own animations weren't working which I have stored in photobucket, so I never uploaded it. (sorry I was a little confused before about what you were suggesting before - bit brain dead again today. This pc is becoming a complete nightmare at mo).

Originally Posted by royv
What's the Firewall (& version) ?
If you temporarily deactivate the firewall, do the animations work ?
can't find emoticon for DUH, (how thick am I) Yes they do work, so it's the firewall. Huh, the price we have to pay for a little security. There must be a way in which I can see simple ickle animations surely? I haven't got a clue how these things work, or how to change the settings apart from add stuff to trusted zones, which this site has already been added.

Sorry, it's Zonelabs Pro version 6.0.631.003
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-09-2005, 10:32 AM
well done Cumbrian Lass, royv will tell you how to ajust your firewall i am sure he can better than me
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 10:34 AM
Thanks Fred & Roy for all your help. I have had a scan through the settings (from the one's that I understand and dare to tamper with )and it's either have security and no emoticons/animations, or have no security and see animations. just glad that it was my firewall and my pc wasn't playing games on me again
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

07-09-2005, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=Cumbrian Lassso it's the firewall. Huh, the price we have to pay for a little security. There must be a way in which I can see simple ickle animations surely? I haven't got a clue how these things work, or how to change the settings apart from add stuff to trusted zones, which this site has already been added.

Sorry, it's Zonelabs Pro version 6.0.631.003[/QUOTE]

I think it may be one of the settings in the 'privacy' bit, you might need to leave some or all of them 'off'
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by Fred
well done Cumbrian Lass, royv will tell you how to ajust your firewall i am sure he can better than me
Thanks Fred I really miss your Good Morning message scrolling across the screen. It sets me up for the day
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by eRaze
I think it may be one of the settings in the 'privacy' bit, you might need to leave some or all of them 'off'
Yes you are right eRaze. There is an option for Expert, but I'm not brave enough to tamper with that one in case I mess things up completely I really can't allow this pc's security be breached.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

07-09-2005, 10:40 AM
ah k it might be as simple as that you have adverts turned off, and it is picking up animations as them... ?
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

07-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Is it Zone alarm? as I had it once a while back and i think thats how I got them to work
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by eRaze
Is it Zone alarm? as I had it once a while back and i think thats how I got them to work
Yes it is, there is an option for ad blocking.................... and YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY it's working

Thank You
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-09-2005, 10:47 AM
i think i have tried all of them the best one i have found up to now and its free http://www.avast.com/index.html have a look at the page it is quiet interesting it is supposed to be one the best
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >