Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by sapphire1 View Post
We had problems trying to find a rental house last year when we sold up and moved. The funny thing was I found that many agents said 'depends' - how many pets do you have and what breeds.....
Of course when I said we had 3 cats, a bullmastiff and a dogue de bordeaux, we found that the answer was a resounding no!
As if it makes as difference weather you have 1 pet or 2 or the size or them? You still need to tidy up after them!!!

Luckily we did eventually find a landlord who did not mind. Now we have had a couple of run ins with our letting agent because I have had to re-arrange their inspection and an electrical safety test twice!!! Although they have the right to enter the house even if I am not here, as long as they have given 24hours notice - they are EXTREMELY peeved that they CANT just enter unless i AM here - due to the fact that my male dog is extremely guarding of the house.....
I think they have realised that when we hand in our notice they are not going to be able to 'easily' show other prospective tennants around the house
I had the same thing when I left the previous flat. We gave our month's notice and during the notice period, they called me in the morning, wanting to come over straightaway so they could show someone round the flat. Of course I said they couldn't come right away, I needed time to get ready, they could come in an hour. They were not at all happy but that was just tough! I know they have to show people round but they honestly thought they could just come round when it suited them. I also don't want anyone in the house when i'm not here, I have valuables here.
RiverRuner
New Member!
Female 

08-12-2006, 02:08 PM
Next door complained about the smell coming from the house whilst I was away, so the landlord sent a letter, which the ex claimed he never recieved, but either way they just walked in, and left the doors wide open. Luckily next door knew both of our dogs and caught them before they got on to the main road which we lived on.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4