View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 12:24 PM

Anyone have problems with Sky an hour ago?

Just wondering if Sky themselves have been messing around with their satellite or something an hour ago, coz I lost the telly in the kitchen, but assumed it was the cleaning lady upstairs cleaning my remote which works that one as well and she said she had. Then Mum had a slight problem with hers but she is first drop from the dish on the roof. Then I put Dave's plasma tv on in the lounge and I got the same as in the kitchen, a big orange screen, then a lime green one then I had a picture on both but the sound was just hissing! I turned it all off and unplugged it. Now the kitchen one is working fine, but when I put Dave's tv on it comes up with the "installation" highlighted and I really don't want to go there! I just turned the satellite off and the tv and will wait till he comes back. The funny thing is though, the blooming cleaning lady decided to pull his massive 42" with it's stand and everything on it, including the Sky+ out to clean behind it!!! He'll go mad!!!! I can't put it down to that though, coz her little boy was watching the telly in there and it was fine for 2 hours after she did that? Then again Mum's tv only blipped for 5 mins, whilst both the other tv's were going weird with pink lines, blue screen, yellow or orange screens????

I'm now just wondering whether it was Sky themselves who were messing around with my telly's? Any ideas please anybody? Has your Sky been ok all morning today??? Oooer!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2008, 12:30 PM
I've had Skye news on in my office all morning and it's been as good as gold for me.

Just to make sure all the scart leads are pushed in properly.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Mine has been fine all morning. I have had a check on another forum(gadget related) and no one has said anything there and they are always on the ball.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks Colin, always there in my hour of need!!!!

Well, I just turned his telly on to try it again and it's all fine now??? The kitchen one has been fine for the past 1/2 hour too? What on earth was going on do you think then? I have never seen tv screens like I got in the kitchen (that's run off the bedroom with a magic eye from a multi-room unit), and I could quite understand that if she had sprayed the unit with cleaning stuff and it got into the box or something, but to have the same thing going on in the lounge with his Sky+ which is totally separate from the multi-room boxes I've got is weird isn't it? Maybe the jackdaws were on the dish pecking at it or something? How very strange! It also turned the tv off in the kitchen to start off with and that's why Inoticed it! Hope we haven't got blooming electrical problems again Colin, but like I said, it's ok now. Thanks for telling me about yours, at least I know it's us then and not Sky - sadly!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Ours was fine but will report any strange goings on....
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Helena - We have Sky here 'cos we've no choice but to use them. Based on my experience with them and Sky + in England I would never use them again.

They have never admitted it but the Sky + box had a software bug which was the subject of a dispute between Sky / The box maker / the German supplier of the hard disc / and some Japanese company which made part of the hard disc drive.

While all this was being resolved in the courts the poor mugs who bought the first batch of Sky + boxes just got the run around and had (Like me) to wait up to 2 weeks for a technician to come, and when he did he immediately changed the box saying the problem was a software bug

Even now we have the occassional 'lock up' so I'm not convinced Sky software is any good at all. We have to resolve the 'lock up' prob by unplugging at the mains and waiting a minute and plugging back in when it then has to search for all the channels.

Sky aaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh wish we didn't have to use them I really do
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Hi H, yes I know what you mean living outside the Uk, it was quite a nightmare for me when mum's went wrong, coz of course they're not allowed to supply outside the UK, so I had to pretend she lived upstairs, and everytime they asked me to do this that and the other with the tv I used to have to ask them to ring me back whilst I ran upstairs (phoned her in Majorca!!!) to do what they wanted! It really was a complete nightmare for both of us as you well know!

Yes, we're now on our 3rd Sky+ box in a year, and even this one has problems, coz Dave cannot use his magic eye in the bedroom from the Sky+ box in the lounge coz it doesn't work because the actual box won't let it work! We've eliminated the actual magic eye coz it works elsewhere, so Dave has tracked it down to the box where the problem lies, but as I told him, considering we will always have a problem with ANY of these boxes, which would he rather have, the current problem, or maybe ask for more if I got a replacement????

All is well still at the moment, but you can bet your bottom dollar it won't be when he comes home and switches his big telly on again! I've just discovered it's Friday the 13th too, so maybe that's why!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Well hope it sorts itself out for you. I just wish they would come clean and tell people about problems instead of all the guff you get when you phone the so called 'help' desk