Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-03-2006, 08:48 PM

Ossie ,The Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Hi my name is Ossie,I am a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and i am supposed to be 18 months old,although im not 100% sure.

This is me looking rather cute.
[img-big]http://usera.imagecave.com/Stamford/Cute.jpg[/img-big]

I really don't want to go into what happened to me at my last house,but i was always hungry and got really bored.But on friday 03/03/06 my life changed completely.I was locked up in my makeshift pen (again!!!) When this fat bloke called Steve turned up,He seemed quite interested in me,and spoke in a way that made me think i may well be going somewhere with him.So i thought "hey what the hell, may as well look interested in going with him,I'll wag my tail so that it looks like my rear end will fall off.They always fall for that one"

I have nice markings on my belly.
[img-big]http://usera.imagecave.com/Stamford/Markings.jpg[/img-big]

I went for a walk with Steve,and was fairly well behaved,Then just when i thought i was going back home,I was introduced to Steve's family.I met Jude who was to be my new Mummy,and three later to be best friends Daniel 13,Hayley 11 and Shannon 8.I was very excited when i met them and they appeared to like me.Infact i was so excited to meet them i wet myself there and then on the pavement.

This is my new family
[img-big]http://usera.imagecave.com/Stamford/family.jpg[/img-big]

Steve told me i had suffered enough and i was going back to his house to become the latest member of his family.I was a little nervous at first,but also very excited.The new house is nice.But one of the best things about it is that Steve lets me sleep inside the house and not outside in my draughty makeshift pen on the landing of the flats.Also imagine my delight at the fact that i now get two,yes two meals a day instead of the one every two days i was getting before.I was on bakers complete,but have now been gradually weaned over to JWB Lamb and Rice,which i find a lot better for my tummy.

Here is the fat bloke playing with me.
[img-big]http://usera.imagecave.com/Stamford/OM4.jpg[/img-big]

It has been nearly a month now and i have settled in very well,I now feel loved by all the family.I certainly love those kids.Although i do have a problem with the two family cats.Don't get me wrong i don't mind them at all,but they still can't get used to me,i have even helped them out by finishing their food when they couldn't quite manage it all themselves.But they are still quite wary.

How can you not love this face?
[img-big]http://usera.imagecave.com/Stamford/MyOs.jpg[/img-big]

My exercise regime is great now too,I go out at 5am for a two mile walk before Steve leaves for work,then i have a nice long walk at about 4pm i go up into the great wood at Stanmer park then down through the park and home,that takes a good hour and a half to two hours,depending how long i want to sniff each tree for.

Not too sure about this water
[img-big]http://usera.imagecave.com/Stamford/Osswater2.jpg[/img-big]

Thanks for reading my homepage,I will keep you all updated on my progress.

Note from Steve.

Rescuing Ossie has been a wonderful experience for myself and my family.It already feels rewarding.He is a lovely dog with a cracking character.He didn't have a great start to his life,but he has now definately got his forever home.If we make him as happy as he's made us,then i will consider it job done.

Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Lovely Story
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 10:32 PM
what a fantastic and heartwarming story - very well written and the photos are fab!!

what a sweetie Ossie is !!!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Lovely pics,
Fab story,look forward to hearing about Ozzie's progress
Well done
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2006, 06:07 AM
Great story Steve

Thank goodness you both found each other, I dread to think what would have happened to him
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 06:09 AM
Steve - what a wonderful story so well told - brought a tear to my eye....
Bless you and your lovely family for rescuing this great dog - I wish you many many happy years together
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 07:16 AM
What a bute, lovely pics guys, please post more xxxxxxxx
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

29-03-2006, 11:34 AM
What a lovely looking staffie....and he has landed well and truly on his feet....well done Steve and family..((xx))
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Thank you all for the kind comments.This another thing to come out of rescuing Ossie,I needed a site for advice like we all do from time to time.Finding Dogweb not only have i found a site that puts the dogs welfare first,i feel i have also made some new friends already.Thanks again. .
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 06:38 PM
great story!

alex
xx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >