Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2004, 02:41 PM

Flipping Dyson!

Last year we decided to treat ourselves to a new washing machine a Dyson, we paid £1000 for it, and every six weeks since we had had it its broken down and thats no understatement it broke down again for the 100th time last friday with my daughters school uniform inside it, engineer couldnt come out until Monday this week, the coin trap was p*****g water out everywhere ruined my living room carpets! Anyway he changed the hose pipe and fitted me a new coin trap, then went on his merry way.

Its broken down again today honestly i feel like smashing the thing up with a sledge hammer called Dyson up they cannot come out to it again until Monday - have to say it their customer service hotline stinks, they talk to you like you must be flipping stupid, it states on our guarantee for the thing that its a next day call out - sorry Dyson i can guarantee that it is not

I asked them with all the trouble that i have had with it, if they could take it away as to be honest im sick of the useless thing only to be greeted with the response " you did not buy it directly from us "
My response "Erm hello its a Dyson it was made by you " she hung up on me!
Its no good going back to the place where we brought it from, as they are as useless as Dyson.

Any suggestions on what i can do - as i am totaly fed up with all the hassle im getting with this useless thing i brought last year.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2004, 02:46 PM
Whizgirl that's awful. I'd write to them giving times and dates of phonecalls and engineers coming out and tell them that u want the machine taken away and a replacement one sent out. Tell them u are giving them 7 days in which to acknowlegde the letter.

If they don't go to the local Trading Standards and explain to them the situation and they should be able to give u more advice.

Good luck
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Our local trading standards are as useless as the firms we are already dealing with, i called them & they said its a civil matter
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Don't know what else to suggest then Whizgirl.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2004, 03:17 PM
their hoovers are as bad!!!!! I am on first name terms with our dyson man!!
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2004, 03:20 PM
Yes i know our engineer on first name terms we brought it as we thought we were not going to get any trouble from it, how wrong was i
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-09-2004, 03:20 PM
I was seriously thinking about a dyson washing machine but now I have heard a lot of bad things about them now
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

30-09-2004, 03:26 PM
Hi Whizzgirl

Under the Sale of goods act the good that you buy in your case your washing machine must be of mechantable quality ie able to do the job......

If you have had so many problems and they have been given as many opportunities as this to resovle the problem, I am almost positive that you are entitled to a full refund or replacement . However your "contract" if you will, is with the company that you bought it from ie comet, Index whereever. If they try and fob you off with " a but its a dyson / hoover/ what ever the make" ....Your contract is with them and they are legally reposible for refund/replacement......

They will then have to claim from Dyson for a refund for themselves or replacement stock.

Get back on to your supplier and tell them that under the Sale of goods act they are reposible. It usually is enough to mention this and then trading standards and they will do something.

Go online and look at the Sale of goods act it really is very good.......
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2004, 03:28 PM
I wouldnt bother Carole, stick to just a normal washing machine you get what you pay for with these, Dysons are far too much trouble belive me, a normal washing machine engineer will not touch them with a barge pole, although our Dyson is guaranteed for 2 years, you get a whole load of trouble for a expensive heap of junk
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2004, 03:32 PM
Sponge, would have done this only the company we brought the machine from has gone bankrupt...so we are stuck with this heap unless Dyson resolve it...i cant see them doing it though
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >