View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cycas
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-11-2005, 05:22 PM

Lots of older dogs in need of loving homes.

Older dogs come into rescues for all sorts of reasons - divorce, a new baby, owner going into sheltered accommodation, owners moving abroad.

Often these older dogs can get overlooked when everyone wants a puppy.

Yet older dogs have lots of advantages: they are usually housetrained, don't need huge amounts of walking, are often used to cats and kids, are less likely to eat your furniture and dig up your garden (though if you want an oldie that will do that, please do get in touch, I'm sure we can sort you out with one!)

We also have details of a few oldies that have been cruelly treated or neglected, or that have physical special needs: these need a little more TLC, but it's incredibly rewarding to see them blossom into happy dogs, sometimes for the first time ever. If you could commit to giving a little more time and patience to an older dog, please get in touch!

They come in all sorts, large or small, energetic or lazy, bright and clever or dozy and comical! Most are in rescue for no fault of their own but just through bad luck.

We are particularly in need of homes for larger oldies. If you think you could give a home to an older GSD or GSD x, please PLEASE contact us, these dogs are the hardest of all to find homes for, yet they are so loving and rewarding as pets.

For details of all our oldies and those we publicise for other rescues around the UK, please see our website: www.oldies.org.uk !

If you have an old dog that needs a home and would like us to help with finding one, please let us know! We usually deal with dogs that are aged 7 or older.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Excellent thread, beautifully written
I have been to your website for a nosey, I wish you the very best in finding forever homes for those lovely dogs - If I possilbly could, I would...