Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by frankjames View Post
When my TV packed up a couple of years ago I thought I'd leave it for a while. I occasionally watch something on iplayer or similar but can happily go for a week or morejust listening to some of the truly excellent programmes on Radio 4, and also if you have DAB Radio 4extra.

I'm not anti television by any means but you can have an excellent range of entertainment without one.
I'm sitting in total SILENCE mucking about on the net. Lovely.

I am a rare ex pat Brit who doesn't feel the need to pay to watch UK TV over here. I switch my Arabsat or Cablenet on and, if there's anything that catches my attention - I watch it. Soaps in particular are designed to be 'addictive' people watch them just to find out 'what happened next'. Very sad really when you consider that none of it is 'real' and it doesn't really matter a fig 'what happens next' except maybe to the actors who are worried that they might be written out in the next episode!

Radio4 is my favourite. I'd often drive home to my house in the west country and just sit in the carport listening so I didn't miss the end of one of my fave progs on there before going indoors!

I used to say that you could actually get a passable 'education' just listening to Radio 4 regularly!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3