Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 10:55 AM

Oh DEAR!

Am sewing up owl hats in bed.. YOU know the popular ones that look like an owl. ask google! One of the friends from Texas makes these for me as they are usually crocheted and that is her forte.

They are selling as soon as I put them on the stall so she brought seven with her....I took the visitors to the craft shop where they have bought my stuff joking that he would buy them all AND HE DID!

So now I am trying a knitted version with success until she gets home and back to work...

Went down to get food and when I came back,, WHERE IS THE NEEDLE! Large one for sewing wool... somewhere in the bed......

OH DEAR!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Lol. That could be an ouch moment Hope you've found it by now & not in your backside.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Lol. That could be an ouch moment Hope you've found it by now & not in your backside.
Not moving! I have a spare! More worried re the hwbs actually as they cost...

Wild out there; gale warning now.. have closed the curtains to shut it out
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 12:29 PM
I hope you found that needle - it could cause a very 'ouchy' moment if you can't locate it

Well done with the hats - sounds as though you could do with more hands as they are flying off the shelves. Well done
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Am sewing up owl hats in bed.. YOU know the popular ones that look like an owl. ask google! One of the friends from Texas makes these for me as they are usually crocheted and that is her forte.

They are selling as soon as I put them on the stall so she brought seven with her....I took the visitors to the craft shop where they have bought my stuff joking that he would buy them all AND HE DID!

So now I am trying a knitted version with success until she gets home and back to work...

Went down to get food and when I came back,, WHERE IS THE NEEDLE! Large one for sewing wool... somewhere in the bed......

OH DEAR!
lol Rosebud - I bet no one in the history of the world has ever typed that opening sentence before! You are a 'character'
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
I hope you found that needle - it could cause a very 'ouchy' moment if you can't locate it

Well done with the hats - sounds as though you could do with more hands as they are flying off the shelves. Well done
Got it!

Have a google re the hats as they are rather lovely.. yep, need more hands for them but we will manage somehow

They are different and unusual and quirky and the kids face when they see them are a wonder.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
lol Rosebud - I bet no one in the history of the world has ever typed that opening sentence before! You are a 'character'
Well I probably have many times or similar! Most of my craft work is done here abed perforce!

At my age can be eccentric and get away with it and I fully intend to do so! Sell more that way too!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Got it!

Have a google re the hats as they are rather lovely.. yep, need more hands for them but we will manage somehow

They are different and unusual and quirky and the kids face when they see them are a wonder.
My 'kid' has one. She was 25 in April! Like these (but hers is adult size!)
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
My 'kid' has one. She was 25 in April! Like these (but hers is adult size!)
Ah thank you; ours are in many different colours with 2 colours on each hat ie on the main part. and brighter than these.

Bright and lovely they are. I put one on a large water bottle so it can be seen from afar and it is like a magnet to the kids.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 02:31 PM
http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=h...IQ9QEwAA&dur=1

These are like ours,
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >